Available Lowering springs for the 2013 Edge Sport

100% of the forum members here use H&R. They are a very reliable company and produce very good equipement. All edge owners have been very happy with them. But to answer your question, Eibach makes a setup for lowering the Edge as well. They are a very reliable company, but may be more expensive. Not sure what year range they are available for.

Most Ford enthusiasts will tend to only rep what Steeda has to offer. Steedaedge.com showcases the H&R springs and states they are very reliable. That may be why people use them so highly, but again.. I have never heard anything bad about them.

Edited by Eatinitup
  • Like 1

Just called Eibach since I didn't see anything on their website and according to the customer service representative I spoke with they have discontinued the sale of their edge products due to low sales. They have sold whatever stock they had for the Edge and have no plans to produce or sell any new items in the future. So to answer my own question H & R only.

Just called Eibach since I didn't see anything on their website and according to the customer service representative I spoke with they have discontinued the sale of their edge products due to low sales. They have sold whatever stock they had for the Edge and have no plans to produce or sell any new items in the future. So to answer my own question H & R only.

HAHA DAMN! Eibach makes a good spring as well.. Sad to see them stop making them! I personally haven't gone with a lowering kit because nobody makes an aftermarket SHOCK.. Just springs.. To me a full set up would be shocks and springs and would make the ride even better.. Instaed, you are compressing a stock shock and hoping it doesn't bottom out and blow out!

HAHA DAMN! Eibach makes a good spring as well.. Sad to see them stop making them! I personally haven't gone with a lowering kit because nobody makes an aftermarket SHOCK.. Just springs.. To me a full set up would be shocks and springs and would make the ride even better.. Instaed, you are compressing a stock shock and hoping it doesn't bottom out and blow out!

absolutely no way you would bottom out the stock strut / blow it out, even with the 1.75 drop to the front. I do agree that and alternate strut (even one with adjustable dampening) is always the way to go when available and/or budget allows but a quality sprint on an otherwise healthy OEM Edge Strut will get the job done without any worries. Ride quality is more than acceptable.

• Like 1

absolutely no way you would bottom out the stock strut / blow it out, even with the 1.75 drop to the front. I do agree that and alternate strut (even one with adjustable dampening) is always the way to go when available and/or budget allows but a quality sprint on an otherwise healthy OEM Edge Strut will get the job done without any worries. Ride quality is more than acceptable.

Good to know! It has always been something I have wondered on...!

• 1 year later...