Extended Warranty Premium Care

Just bought a 13' Edge recently and have been shopping the market for Ford Premium Care. I find it odd that there are vast price differences for the same warranty plan. The thing of it is, from what I understand, you do not have to purchase your Premium Care at the dealer. Rather, this is something you can also purchase online, and often times for much cheaper. One would think Ford would standardize the prices for a company warranty recognized by Ford regardless of location... Anyone have similar experiences?

It's really no different than dealers selling the vehicle at different prices in the first place. Ford has a suggested retail price but specifying that dealers could not sell at different prices would be illegal price fixing. Those warranties are mostly profit so dealers have a lot of margin to play with if they want to sell for less than the suggested retail price.

Unfortunately, in Florida there is a situation where the state Office of Insurance Regulation used to stipulate that extended warranties were actually insurance and therefore could not have negotiated pricing. That regulation was repealed almost two years ago but dealers still use it as an excuse to force full retail pricing on their customers. Even Ford is in on it as they will refuse to register or honor an extended warranty sold to a Florida resident from an out of state dealer.

Thanks for the response... That does make good sense though it does seem pretty unreasonable what you have to deal with in Fl regarding the extended warranty. I ended up taking with me several online quotes from other Ford dealers on the same extended warranty plan into the dealership the day I picked up the car. The dealership's price was $600+ over the competing online prices. Fortunately, I was able to negotiate the price to match what I found online after first refusing the warranty altogether and fully explaining that I was going to shop the warranty elsewhere. That'll be the day when buying a new car becomes a straightforward process....