2013 Edge has no dvd player

A little bummed but it is my fault. When we purchased new Edge I.....ASSUMED that the big navigation, a/m, f/m, siruisxm c/d player

was the same as in my 2009 F150. The one in the truck has the option in one of the screens that has a cd / dvd tab. Meaning

the truck will play a dvd that is put in the cd slot. Plays audio only when moving. The Edge does not have this. Hmmmmm.

It was pretty useful on a long road trip when we would listen to a movie or other dvd and when stopped to eat could watch it.

I read owners manual and it hints at using a flash drive or usb hook up to view something but have to look further. Oh yeah they do

mention an ipod or iphone video option....Don't have one. Just a little disappointed, but you know the wife is getting a lot of mileage

out of this one.......... smh

A little bummed but it is my fault. When we purchased new Edge I.....ASSUMED that the big navigation, a/m, f/m, siruisxm c/d player

was the same as in my 2009 F150. The one in the truck has the option in one of the screens that has a cd / dvd tab. Meaning

the truck will play a dvd that is put in the cd slot. Plays audio only when moving. The Edge does not have this. Hmmmmm.

It was pretty useful on a long road trip when we would listen to a movie or other dvd and when stopped to eat could watch it.

I read owners manual and it hints at using a flash drive or usb hook up to view something but have to look further. Oh yeah they do

mention an ipod or iphone video option....Don't have one. Just a little disappointed, but you know the wife is getting a lot of mileage

out of this one.......... smh

Bummed me a little too, I had the same option in my 2011 escape. Not to mention my salesman told me it played dvd's. One work around is to pick up a cheap portable dvd player ($50 bucks from target) and use the AV ports in the center console to achieve what you did in your F150. I just order a Sync Lockpic which opens the functions thats are normally locked when in motion and working a setup with an apple tv.

That is what I was thinking on the portable dvd player. The apple tv looks interesting, but not sure about the use of the wifi in the vehicle.

I had read the other posts about it but also question when to use it. If you have a smart phone I wonder why you would want vehicle to hook up to it.

Not like it has a browser or anything. ( not having the appletv as you have.)

Also I like the 10g hard drive in my pickup cause I copy all my cd's to it. I don't have an ipod, wife does. Overall the screens seem different to me. I guess a

good way to describe is my pickup seems a little more vivid or sharp and the Edge is more pastel color looking and not crisp. Even backup camera is not as clear

as truck. Just my opinion.

Thanks for reply.

Wifi through your phone?

I have a spare phone with a unlimited data plan and use it as a hotspot. I used to connect it to a tablet i had mounted in my old vehicle, now with the Apple TV and airplay features I don't really need the tablet. Down the road I may try to to a custom mount for a iPad mini like soundman car audio did for that nexus 7 in the 2011 edge. I would only use it for google maps because i like it better then the factory nav.

Interested to know if the factory nav can run in the background with voice prompts for turns while using the lock pic to watch videos.

The old lock pic unit i had in my escape would allow nav audio while watching dvds, I don't see why this one wouldn't. Once I get it the new one installed i'll get you an answer.