Considering Remote Starter For Wife's 2013 SEL - Need Advice Please

JeffRow

Hey Folks,

I would like to have a remote starter installed on my wife's 2013 Edge SEL. I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. I know very little about remote starters so forgive me if some if my terminology is off.

Here are the things that are important to me for considering which one:

1) Bi-Directional - (Lets you know that vehicle is started?)

2) Decent range

3) Clean install - No visible additional wires, etc

4) Prefer to have it installed but I'm open to installing it as long as it's not too complicated and voids warranty - So you know, were beyond 36,000.

Would be nice bonus features but not absolutely mandatory:

1) Would replace existing key with new key that has starter features on it.

2) Any additional theft deterrent/kill switch features is a bonus.

I'm open to all suggestions.

I live in SE Michigan, if that helps.

Thanks folks!

I have a Viper system with a proximity sensor. My system works to and from the vehicle with a mile range. The proximity sensor can be adjusted and there are plenty of other additions to Viper systems. The guys who installed mine hid it behind the rear view mirror and it's maybe a 3x3 inch square at the top of my windshield, which really doesn't bother me. Its key is your typical vehicle key with an extra piece for operations of the system, but I don't have a very cluttered key chain, so that doesn't bother me either.

I have a Viper system with a proximity sensor. My system works to and from the vehicle with a mile range. The proximity sensor can be adjusted and there are plenty of other additions to Viper systems. The guys who installed mine hid it behind the rear view mirror and it's maybe a 3x3 inch square at the top of my windshield, which really doesn't bother me. Its key is your typical vehicle key with an extra piece for operations of the system, but I don't have a very cluttered key chain, so that doesn't bother me either.

Can I ask what the system ran you?

Fully installed for about $250 ish. Got the system from Amazon for $180, and installed for $70... if my memory serves me correctly. Not including the prox sensor.

Wow, that's a great deal! I'm looking at a Compustar G9 right now. It's a 2 way with 3000' range. $390 installed at Best Buy. The vipers were a little more.