Magnaflow/Gibson catback system and back pressure?

Can anyone that has installed either catback attest to whether or not there was a loss of backpressure after the installation?

also, is there a drone inside at cruising speeds? who sells it the cheapest?

let me know. i would like to get this mod done this coming week.

Last time I checked a loss of backpreasuer would be a good thing, but I've never tweaked a normally aspriated vehicle. AFAIK an engine is an air pump and you want to pump as much air as you can. Back pressure, IMHO, not good.

• 2 weeks later...
Last time I checked a loss of backpreasuer would be a good thing, but I've never tweaked a normally aspriated vehicle. AFAIK an engine is an air pump and you want to pump as much air as you can. Back pressure, IMHO, not good.

there is a delicate balance that must be kept between back pressure and performance. if you have too muck flow (lack of back pressure) you will lose torque and performance in a hurry. if you do not have enough back pressure, then, you choke the air folw and the performance of the vehicle.

i have done many things to my Roush II and Lightning and i have learned that back pressure is one of the many importamt key whenever trying to gain HP.

i am assuming the Gibson and Magnaflow did their homework, but, i assumed that on a catback i installed on my mustang and regreated it. i was able to get the manufacturer to admit that the piping for that application was too big and the exchanged it.

this is why i would like to hear first hand experiences on any of the catback available. i doubt that i or any one will see more than 10 hp gains. but the sound is worth the install if and only if, there is no loss of backpressure.