trak+ wheel spacer

It is correct that the 2011 and up Edges use a smaller center bore than the 2010 and older Edges. In order to put a larger wheel center bore onto your 2011 or newer Edge, you need to reduce that center bore down to the 63.4 or whatever the size is.

You can check to see if you can find any hub centric rings such as these that I am putting a link to. I just used that link as an example of what you need, I have never dealt with that or any other company selling or making the hub centric rings.

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/hub_rings.html

I'm not sure what you would need if you are also needing to install a wheel spacer to fit your wheels. Best option is to contact the company selling the wheel spacers and give them all three of the center bore sizes you have mentioned. The vehicle (63.4), the wheel spacer (70.5), and the aftermarket wheels you want to put on (73.1).

yeahhh. actually i already called H&R they said, that their trak+ wheel spacers will fit on edges 2007-up. then i told him that 2011-up edges has 63.4cb ,"how will it fit exactly? " then he said ,who told you that? .i said, ive done some research and many owners on the fordedgeforum knew it. he just said call local dealer to make sure .wth

why would they put on their fitment guide that it will fit exactly on 2007-up edges. whooooa which is not on 2011-up

what if i install a wheel spacer that has 70.5mm cb on 63.4mm cb(vehicle)? *same bolt pattern

Edited by Jocelyn Castro

You would likely snap some wheel studs since they are taking all of the weight rather than the hub. Once you lose 1 you have an increased chance of vibration that could loosen lug nuts or snap other studs. Loose too many and a wheel could fly off. That's extreme obviously, but possible if you don't pay attention to it.

You would likely snap some wheel studs since they are taking all of the weight rather than the hub. Once you lose 1 you have an increased chance of vibration that could loosen lug nuts or snap other studs. Loose too many and a wheel could fly off. That's extreme obviously, but possible if you don't pay attention to it.

Can i use rings between (63.4mm )vehicle and (70.5mm) wheel spacer ?,

I had a cougar several years ago that I had 18's on and had it lowered. The wheels that I had used hub centric rings but they were just slightly, 2-3mm, bigger than the hub and I broke wheel studs all of the time. Replacing them was a huge PITA, basically a full brake job every time, but I got really good at it. There was one instance where I was just about to get on the freeway and my car started shaking. I pulled in to a park and ride and took the wheel caps off and one of them had 2 of the 4 lug nuts laying broken inside. The stock 16" wheels were super tight on the hub and the aftermarket ring could barely wiggle on the hub and it was still a big problem. I would be really weary about stacking 3 pieces in between the wheel and the hub.

I had a cougar several years ago that I had 18's on and had it lowered. The wheels that I had used hub centric rings but they were just slightly, 2-3mm, bigger than the hub and I broke wheel studs all of the time. Replacing them was a huge PITA, basically a full brake job every time, but I got really good at it. There was one instance where I was just about to get on the freeway and my car started shaking. I pulled in to a park and ride and took the wheel caps off and one of them had 2 of the 4 lug nuts laying broken inside. The stock 16" wheels were super tight on the hub and the aftermarket ring could barely wiggle on the hub and it was still a big problem. I would be really weary about stacking 3 pieces in between the wheel and the hub.

This is not true. Hub centric rings do absolutely nothing to take the load off your studs. It is likely you had a failure for one of two reasons. Either you did not torque the bolts to the correct spec or when tightening the lugs you didn't use the correct star pattern to make sure the wheel was centered around the hub. Hub centric rings are only to make it easier to mount the wheels, if you use proper technique you can mount a larger bore without issue. One the bolts are properly torqued the friction between the rim and the rotor are what keep the wheel from moving. So if the bolts are too loose yes you can have a problem because the friction isn't great enough and the wheel can move. Or if the wheel isn't centered you will have an imbalanced wheel and that can cause things to loosen. I recently ran a set of rims from a previous gen for about 15k miles with no issues.

And if you don't believe me do a little research and just think about it. 90% of hub centric rings are plastic, typically metal are only used by people who track their cars and get the brakes really hot. So if most are made of plastic, do you really think it is reasonable to expect the plastic to keep the wheel from moving about the hubs center rather than a large steel bolt?

But with that said I would not rely on this for the spacers. As I mentioned above if you properly torque a wheel with an oversized bore you can get it mounted vibration free and not have to worry about the studs. But I am not sure how easy it will be to get a spacer and a wheel perfectly centered. If you happen to have both out in the same direction you will have a problem.

Hope that helps.

Whether it was the load or the ability to get them centered completely I don't know, but I can say that I repeatedly had problems with the rings and never had 1 problem when I had the factory wheels on for winter. I find it very hard to believe that I would have repeatedly torqued the factory wheels correctly but not the aftermarket wheels.