DTCs and TIDs

damitche

I read an online car magazine article a while ago that indicated Ford makes available to the public a list of Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and Test Ids (I've forgotten where I found the article).

I'm having trouble finding such a published source.

I'm trying to find out the meanings behind some TIDs my OBDII reader is showing...

Does anyone know of a website where information on the meaning behind TIDs is located?

I'm showing 0x26, 0x2a, 0x2b; one website I found shows "EVAP" next to these, and "Misfire" next to the 0x56 code but no other information.

(Does EVAP refer to the fuel evaporation and canister system?)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I read an online car magazine article a while ago that indicated Ford makes available to the public a list of Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and Test Ids (I've forgotten where I found the article).

I'm having trouble finding such a published source.

I'm trying to find out the meanings behind some TIDs my OBDII reader is showing...

Does anyone know of a website where information on the meaning behind TIDs is located?

I'm showing 0x26, 0x2a, 0x2b; one website I found shows "EVAP" next to these, and "Misfire" next to the 0x56 code but no other information.

(Does EVAP refer to the fuel evaporation and canister system?)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Evap refers to the evaporation system:

fuel filler and cap

fuel tank pressure

canister purge

0x2b indicates vapor pressure

0x56 shows a misfire

DTC codes would be more helpfull.

The system had a leak which could be as simple as not having the fuel cap on properly.

Richard and Barbie

Edited by BlueLtd

Evap refers to the evaporation system:

fuel filler and cap

fuel tank pressure

canister purge

0x2b indicates vapor pressure

0x56 shows a misfire

DTC codes would be more helpfull.

The system had a leak which could be as simple as not having the fuel cap on properly.

Richard and Barbie

I found what I was looking for (eventually) on the Motorcraft website. I think it is VERY COOL that Ford puts this information out there.

I was looking for the source because a friend of mine (on a budget) was having her MIL lamp (and some codes) in her Taurus; she wanted to know if this was a "big problem" or if she NEEDED to see the dealer. I wanted to provide sources of information so that she could make that decision for herself.

Thanks for the help!!!!

What I found was the "OBD System Operation Summary for Gasonline Engines"; although one has to peruse it a bit to extract the information (just search the .PDF for "$28", or P1151 for example), it is a VERY good source for what I was looking for.

"Does anyone know of a website where information on the meaning behind TIDs is located?"

The webpage (today) was http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/ret...p;menuIndex1=17

The direct link (today) was http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/dia...df/OBDSM701.pdf

For those so inclined, you can get a month worth of access to more service information from Motorcraft for about $17.00. (That's cool!)