Wheel Finish, black or grey?

LUPID

Hey Edgers,

I'm selling my aftermarket 22s with brand new Pirelli Scorpion asymmetrics.

Looking at 18" black or grey wheels and wanted your feedback before making the purchase.

Is there any reason NOT to get black wheels? Grey looks good too, but black with the car being black look better. I'm mainly concerned about cleaning, maintenance and wife curbage. Are grey easier to clean and care for than the black ones?

(I didn't post this to the classified section since I'm not willing to ship)

Thanks,

L

post-36542-0-25324400-1438355377_thumb.jpg

I believe part of your answer may lie in your current wheels. How dirty did the black lip look after a few weeks of brake dust buildup? I've had grey wheels in the past and must say that they don't show too much dirt / brake dust. This might also be in comparison to the machined lip which looked dirty a mere days after cleaning!

I think the finish of the wheel may make a difference too. If you were to go the plasti-dip or matte finish route then I think less dirt / dust would show as compared to a gloss finish. My current Explorer Sport wheels with the black accents show a little more dirt / dust but still not like the oem faux chrome. I think this shows more due to the gloss finish so maybe matte black or either glossy or matte grey would be better.

-Russ