THX Apmlifier(s)

Don't touch the amp's, they incorporate much more than just amplifying the sound.

The speakers will sound like garbage without the Stock Lincoln supplied amp.

I wouldn't touch anything unless you're ripping it all out and starting over. The THX system is actually engineered and tuned specifically for each vehicle, and it is an entire system. Replacing pieces of the system would probably not work very well.

What is it about the sound that you don't like?

I wouldn't touch anything unless you're ripping it all out and starting over. The THX system is actually engineered and tuned specifically for each vehicle, and it is an entire system. Replacing pieces of the system would probably not work very well.

How about an amp on the standard system? Is that a possibility?

I have several Two -Amp systems which I tuned and are much louder and clearer than the THX system in my MKX. It sounds good but, I am used to more wattage. 600 is good for a Sub but, not an entire system.

post-2800-1201930150_thumb.jpg

I have several Two -Amp systems which I tuned and are much louder and clearer than the THX system in my MKX. It sounds good but, I am used to more wattage. 600 is good for a Sub but, not an entire system.

The adjustment is a "joke" too. The system should have at least a 7 band equalizer AND the ability to control the Subwoofer at a minimum.

post-2800-1201930404_thumb.jpg

Louder - sure. Clearer - not so sure. I know some audiophiles who say the THX system is one of the best they've heard. If you're talking about being clear at extremely high volume levels then that's probably correct since the THX system is built for sound quality, not for decibels.

Louder - sure. Clearer - not so sure. I know some audiophiles who say the THX system is one of the best they've heard. If you're talking about being clear at extremely high volume levels then that's probably correct since the THX system is built for sound quality, not for decibels.

The ""audipohiles" are comparing other factory systems e.g. Audi's B&O, Lexus Mark Levinson etc... If you are willing to spend the money on a "serious" system with proper amplification and equilization control, trust me, you can do better. Otherwise, high end audio mfg's would be out of business. Dont get me wrong the THX sounds very good. It just needs more wattage (closer to 1000W overall) and more complete system controls. You dont simply put a treble and bass control and call it "serious" audio. Even cheaper head units have Eq. band capabilities these days. No subwoofer control is a major omission too. In conclusion, the THX is good but just needs the last few items buttoned-up to be incredible. They went this far... JR