After Market Sirius

I am considering adding Sirius to my 2008 Edge SEL. I know it was an option when I bought the car, but I opted for the Sync instead which I must say is pretty killer! But I am quite frankly getting sick of the radio around here.

Can anyone show me their set ups for after market and any suggestions would be great!

Thanks! :happy feet:

Kinzey...

I have installed an aftermarket Sirius tuner to my stock radio. I have a 2007 Edge SEL. The install was very, very easy and it works really well. I've installed the unit just under the stereo and dash console...just to the left of the A/C input. I have the power cord, antenna cord and aux stereo plug all hidden under the shifter console running up to the gap in the center glovebox and into the AUX in and A/C plug inside the glovebox. The whole shifter console cover just snaps off so it really is a breeze to hide the wires.

The sound is tight...and the look is professional. The only problem I'm having is that the power for the Sirius tuner does NOT turn off when the vehicle is turned off. The power outlets are run in a mode which keeps them on at all times...so I have to manually the power off on the Sirius tuner itself each time I get out of the truck. I've forgotten to do this a few times and even after 2 days the tuner was still on and draining power from the battery!!! I'm going to look into having a professional change this so that all outlets get turned off once the key leaves the ignition like in most foreign cars.

Here is a basic picture of my setup. If you want to see more let me know...I can snap off a few more shots to show you the detail. I can also give you more specific instructions for the install if you need them.

BTW...how's the SYNC system working out...just out of curiousity?

Good luck!

Jim

post-2549-1203479926_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1203479945_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1203479958_thumb.jpg

Thanks! That looks good, one question, where did you mount the antenna? I have the Vista Roof and am having trouble trying to determine where to mount it.

The Sync is awsome. I just bought an Iphone and it works perfectely with it. The only thing I can't do with the Iphone is use the Ipod feature. Which won't be that big of a deal when I get the sirius!

Thanks for the tips! :happy feet:

The antenna was actually very easy to install. I mounted it right on the center back of the roof, ran the wire down the left side of the back molding with the hatch/trunk open. There is a black rubber lip between the roof and the real spoiler-thing that I just slipped the wire through. Then ran it down the back left side of the molding lip and popped up the plastic piece that covers the trunk lip on the bottom of the hatch opening to hide the wire going into the vehicle. I then ran the wire right up under the spare tire cover, tucked it under the plastic molding all along the left side of the truck and up into the center console by going under the driver's seat. This then gets hidden under the shifter trim plate that actually snaps on/off and run right into the Sirius receiver. It is just enough wire to reach...literally.

Hope this helps!

Jim