whats the deal with my rearview mirror>?

So I go and get a car starter (makes life easier and warmer lol) and after I pick my Edge up they mounted a little signal transmitter for the starter. Then I get looking and see a cord right behind the rear view mirror? I start to investigate and the mirror has (2) little screens on the front/bottom of the mirror. I couldn't find anything in the manual? What the hell? Someone shed some light on this lol?

So I go and get a car starter (makes life easier and warmer lol) and after I pick my Edge up they mounted a little signal transmitter for the starter. Then I get looking and see a cord right behind the rear view mirror? I start to investigate and the mirror has (2) little screens on the front/bottom of the mirror. I couldn't find anything in the manual? What the hell? Someone shed some light on this lol?

If you have SYNC in your car that is the Microphone that picks up your voice.

its an 07, sync is only in the 08's?

can anybody else shed some light on this?

its kinda a bungy type cord coming from a little compartment directly behind the mirror, they have red/greed wired going into the mirror/?

IS my rear view mirrow electronically powered? and what would it be powered for>????????????????????????

If you have SYNC in your car that is the Microphone that picks up your voice.

its an 07, sync is only in the 08's?

can anybody else shed some light on this?

its kinda a bungy type cord coming from a little compartment directly behind the mirror, they have red/greed wired going into the mirror/?

IS my rear view mirrow electronically powered? and what would it be powered for>????????????????????????

I think it powers the auto-dimming function on the mirror to prevent glare from headlights from behind. I believe the 07's had this feature as well.

I think it powers the auto-dimming function on the mirror to prevent glare from headlights from behind. I believe the 07's had this feature as well.

The base of the rear view mirror also houses the compass. I know this because i accidentally unplugged it once while cleaning and didn't know it. When I started my EDGE the compass wouldn't read. The message center said "compass not avail" Took me a day to figure it out. :happy feet: