I sometimes have a tendency to exert too much force on things and break them. Thus the reason for my question.

I tried to remove the tail light assembly yesterday and removed the 2 bolts that appear to secure the tail light assemblies. To no avail. They moved a bit but didn't want to come out without force.

Just how do you get to the back of the lens to change bulbs or access the wires?

I sometimes have a tendency to exert too much force on things and break them. Thus the reason for my question.

I tried to remove the tail light assembly yesterday and removed the 2 bolts that appear to secure the tail light assemblies. To no avail. They moved a bit but didn't want to come out without force.

Just how do you get to the back of the lens to change bulbs or access the wires?

Hi rmmpe. :D Here are the instructions for replacing the tail light bulbs from the Owners Manual (page 89 of the 2008 online version):

Replacing tail/stop/turn/sidemarker/backup lamp bulbs

The tail/stop/turn/sidemarker/backup lamp bulbs are located in the same

portion of the tail lamp assembly, one just below the other. Follow the

same steps to replace either bulb:

1. Make sure the headlamp switch is

in the OFF position and then open

the liftgate to expose the lamp

assembly bolts.

2. Remove the two bolts from the

lamp assembly.

3. Carefully remove the lamp

assembly away from the vehicle by

pulling the assembly straight out to

expose the bulb socket. DO NOT

TIP THE LAMP ASSEMBLY SIDEWAYS.

4. Rotate the bulb socket counterclockwise and remove from lamp

assembly.

5. Pull bulb straight out of socket and snap in the new bulb.

6. Install the bulb socket into the lamp assembly and rotate clockwise.

7. Carefully install the tail lamp assembly on the vehicle by securing the

lamp assembly with two bolts.

Were you possibly tilting the assembly sideways (since the directions specifically say not to)? If you removed the two correct bolts, I would assume you just need to finesse the assembly a bit more to get it out.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

bbf2530,

Thanks for the illumination.

Your statement:

"Were you possibly tilting the assembly sideways (since the directions specifically say not to)? If you removed the two correct bolts, I would assume you just need to finesse the assembly a bit more to get it out".

Aha!. The old "Pull it straight out" trick. :doh::doh:

Yes, I was tilting it. Fortunately, I have learned that I sometimes force things too much and stopped before I broke anything; the lights still work. People have told me I don't know my own strength. Heck, it's not strength.....it's stupidity (but I never correct them).

I was trying to pull a lead off them to operate the auxilliary lighting system I made for towing it behind the Coach.

Failing that, I removed the lower part of the dash-board and ran a wire directly from the Brake switch.

Thanks again.

Edited by rmmpe