Anyone running IE 6 and IE 7 browsers on same computer?

Lex Talionis

yeah, I use FF (and Opera, Safari, IE, Navigator, Mozilla, all as well).. but for certain browser testing I do, as the population is split right now for users using older IE 6 and newer IE 7, I want to run them both which MS made nearly impossible. But, there are methods to make it happen... but they date back to 2006-2007 and are pretty hacked in methodology and leave certain IE 7 features stripped out..

so wondered if there was a newer method easier to deploy and keep IE 7 features in tact.

as for FF 3 just released... I will wait as I need to stick with the browser used by most and, at this time, that is not FF 3.

yeah, I use FF (and Opera, Safari, IE, Navigator, Mozilla, all as well).. but for certain browser testing I do, as the population is split right now for users using older IE 6 and newer IE 7, I want to run them both which MS made nearly impossible. But, there are methods to make it happen... but they date back to 2006-2007 and are pretty hacked in methodology and leave certain IE 7 features stripped out..

so wondered if there was a newer method easier to deploy and keep IE 7 features in tact.

as for FF 3 just released... I will wait as I need to stick with the browser used by most and, at this time, that is not FF 3.

I have been experimenting with IE8 BETA. MS HAS cleaned up thier browser and it is a big improvement. It does have a couple of bugs, so read the bug report.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...e8/default.mspx

as tittle says.. looking for best current method to run both browsers on 1 PC so I can do some browser testing... anyone doing it and have a current solution better than the klunky ones seen from 2006 and 2007?

When IE 7 first came out and I had some issues with it, I was running IE 7 on my computer, and then I ran a virtual machine off of my computer to run IE6 just in case. This is technically on the same PC, but one of the IEs would be running virtually.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...