Navigation SD Card Fault Error

I bought a 2013 Ford Edge Limited back in September of 2017 from a Honda dealership. The SD card wouldn't read on Navigation and I assumed they did a factory reset and cleared the A4 card. The amount they gave us for it not working was more than a new card would be. No big deal, I'll eventually get a new one. 

I tried to update the Sync system since it was starting to act weird and I kept getting an error message for "Image could not Upload." I Google searched a few times and it said the Navigation had to be working. Assuming it was the card error, I ordered a new A9. 

Received it today and it still doesn't work. Put both cards in my laptop and both cards have files on them. I also went into System -> Help -> Information and it says Navigation is A3? So I'm assuming my Sync is that far behind maybe it won't even read the newer cards.

I have done a factory reset.

I've attempted to upload the new Sync multiple times on multiple USB/Externals

I've removed the face plate and reattached the connections

I'm at a loss. Is this an SD card error or is this the fact that I have a super old version of Sync My Touch? 

I've been researching for days and cannot find an answer at this point and I'm trying to avoid the dealer. 

Edited by whiteedge2013

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...