How to remove front seats in 2007 Edge

I'm pulling the seats out of my 2007 Ford Edge to replace the carpeting (it was at one point badly damaged by a battery acid spill). I managed to get the plastic covers off the front seat bolts (including the one that requires an extra Torx screw), and I also managed to get all four bolts out for the passenger seat. However, when I try to pull the seat up from the floor to remove it, it gets stuck - the front left mounting bracket for the passenger seat has an additional metal "pin" attached to it right next to where the bolt goes in. This pin goes in to the floor of the Edge, and when the seat is pulled up, it only comes up less than an inch before getting stuck on something. Is there a trick to getting the pin unstuck? Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Edited by ahouse101

• 1 month later...

After some more work, I finally got the seats out. The drivers seat came out without an issue - there was a pin on it, but it didn't catch on anything. This led me to believe the pin is used for vehicle assembly and is not meant to be a fastener, so I cut the pin on the passenger seat using a reciprocating saw. So far, this hasn't resulted in any problems, and the seat goes back in without an issue. All other posts I've found suggest that the seat should come out easily after you take the bolts out, so I assume my seat's assembly pin being caught on something was just a fluke.