Had up on ramps and now front wheel locking

So I had my Ford Edge up on ramps to put a new flex pipe on the muffler. When I drove down and backed out of the driveway the car started to make a squeal and then felt like it stuttered to a stop. I drove forward and everything is great. Came home and backed into the driveway and the same squeal and resistance, almost wheel lock(front driver) happened. So I drove over to empty parking lot and rolled backwards with in neutral. Nothing happened until I started to turn the wheel then it started to squeal and came to an abrupt stop. Tried in both reverse and neutral and it happens in both. The squeal continues when I put it in drive but everything goes away in seconds and it drives perfectly. I’ve checked all callipers, brakes, fluids, cv axles, wheel bearings and I can’t find anything wrong other than on drivers side one calliper piston seal is torn but seemed to operate normal, and the tie rods and lower ball joints are pretty bad and need to be replaced. 
One note is that I can’t seem to make the sound happen unless I turn going backwards. I was able to capture the sound last night. A friend suggests it sounds hydraulic like. Any thoughts before I take it over to the mechanic.