07 Ford Edge Wiper Blades

Hi all...I was wondering if any of you have been told or maybe experienced trouble finding wiper blades...The clip on my driver side blade broke and I needed to replace a blade that was only 3 months old :banghead: ...Ok, so big deal, right?

Well the auto parts store near my work said the edge changed the style of the wiper arms and most standard blades won't fit them. So...It was snowing today and I had to borrow a friends car to run to the Ford Dealer which is only 15 min from my work but still ticked me off.

I talked to the dealer and bought both the driver side and passenger blades, that cost me $41...The thing that I'm also wondering is why when they replaced my blades in oct, they were 24.95 installed?

The blades they replaced were motorcraft and said motorcraft on them.

WW*2001*P - $9.98

WW*2401*P - $12.98

The blades I bought today are motorcraft but don't have motorcraft on the blades like the ones above.

WW*2040* 130 BLADE A - $18.98

WW*2612* 130 BLADE A - $19.00

So whats the difference, I'm confused. Oh and also the driver blade they installed on my car the first time, was about an inch shorter than the ones i purchased today.

Hi all...I was wondering if any of you have been told or maybe experienced trouble finding wiper blades...The clip on my driver side blade broke and I needed to replace a blade that was only 3 months old :banghead: ...Ok, so big deal, right?

Well the auto parts store near my work said the edge changed the style of the wiper arms and most standard blades won't fit them. So...It was snowing today and I had to borrow a friends car to run to the Ford Dealer which is only 15 min from my work but still ticked me off.

I talked to the dealer and bought both the driver side and passenger blades, that cost me $41...The thing that I'm also wondering is why when they replaced my blades in oct, they were 24.95 installed?

The blades they replaced were motorcraft and said motorcraft on them.

WW*2001*P - $9.98

WW*2401*P - $12.98

The blades I bought today are motorcraft but don't have motorcraft on the blades like the ones above.

WW*2040* 130 BLADE A - $18.98

WW*2612* 130 BLADE A - $19.00

So whats the difference, I'm confused. Oh and also the driver blade they installed on my car the first time, was about an inch shorter than the ones i purchased today.

Hi buffaloedge. :D After doing some quick research, it seems that the correct wiper blades for the Edge are 26" and 20". So it looks as though the blades you received this time are the correct size.

Just as an FYI, if you actually measure the blades, they will normally be approximately a half inch shorter than the advertised size. I guess they round the measurements up.

I have no idea why you were given the wrong size drivers side blade the first time. Parts guy goofed.

According to the part #, the blades you were given the first time were "Motorcraft Premium Wear Indicator Blades" (that is what the "P" indicates). They were a good blades. But without being able to see them, I can not guarantee that is what you actually received. Other than the fact that you overpaid both times, with the limited information and without being able to see exactly what you have, it is hard to tell you much of anything else.

In the future, you can get a coupon for the "Motorcraft Premium Wear Indicator Blades" here: LINK: Service Specials

Third offer down. "Motorcraft Premium Wear Indicator Blades" - $19.95 a pair, installed. I just purchase them with the coupon and install them myself.

I would also recommend that you always double check wipers (and all parts) to be sure they are the right size, part # etc. I realize that in an ideal world where people do their jobs correctly, this should not be necessary. But as you can see, it can save you unnecessary grief in the future.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the info bbf :rockon:

I cannot understand why they charged me so much, maybe they gave me winter blades? I'll have to investigate more. The first pair that they installed while changing my oil were around $19.99 w/out tax. I know these new blades seem a bit more heavy duty and the clip seems that much more stronger. I'll be peeved if the parts guy today overcharged me though.