Mobile-Ease hands free communication

I just had it installed in my Edge today. I like it very much. I called several people and they said it sounded crystal clear on their end. It is not too unsightly. There is a small microphone that will mount somewhere on your headliner. It is probably about 1.25 in X .75 in. There is a small control pad that will mount somewhere on your center console. It is about 1.75 in X 1.25 in. The microphone and control pad are black so, if you have darker interior, it will show even less. You can have the technician mount the control pad and microphone wherever you want it.

You can set system to understand english, spanish, or french. There is no voice training needed. It picks up your voice immediately. It mutes your radio when a call comes in and unmutes it when you or the caller hang up. It holds about 35 names with 3 numbers a piece and 5 bluetooth phones can be paired with it. The only disappointment for me so far is that caller ID does not show on the nav screen but, it may and I just have not figured out how to se it. This will do until they make sync available as an add on. If you would like, I could take a picture of where I mounted mine in the Edge and send them to you. Just let me know.

Here is some helpful information. The mobile ease and the required wiring harness is about $350 - $400 online. You can get it on ebay from $125 -$225. The installation will cost about $200. I had mine installed free because I know someone who works for Ford. If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me. Let me know if you would like some pictures of mobile ease. Yelnef

I just had it installed in my Edge today. I like it very much. I called several people and they said it sounded crystal clear on their end. It is not too unsightly. There is a small microphone that will mount somewhere on your headliner. It is probably about 1.25 in X .75 in. There is a small control pad that will mount somewhere on your center console. It is about 1.75 in X 1.25 in. The microphone and control pad are black so, if you have darker interior, it will show even less. You can have the technician mount the control pad and microphone wherever you want it.

You can set system to understand english, spanish, or french. There is no voice training needed. It picks up your voice immediately. It mutes your radio when a call comes in and unmutes it when you or the caller hang up. It holds about 35 names with 3 numbers a piece and 5 bluetooth phones can be paired with it. The only disappointment for me so far is that caller ID does not show on the nav screen but, it may and I just have not figured out how to se it. This will do until they make sync available as an add on. If you would like, I could take a picture of where I mounted mine in the Edge and send them to you. Just let me know.

Here is some helpful information. The mobile ease and the required wiring harness is about $350 - $400 online. You can get it on ebay from $125 -$225. The installation will cost about $200. I had mine installed free because I know someone who works for Ford. If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me. Let me know if you would like some pictures of mobile ease. Yelnef

Thank you very much for the information! Yes, I would appreciate seeing a picture of what it looks like installed in your car. I was initailly very disappointed that the Lincoln MKX did not come with integrated Bluetooth, but I was less so after finding out about the Mobile-Ease system. I was just concerend about it looking like an unsightly dealer add-on. By the way, does any infromation about the call appear on the navigation screen, such as the number you're calling? Does it respond to voice commands and automatically dial for you? When you have an incoming call, do you press something on the keypad? Thanks in advance for your help.

One more thing...

Can it be paired with any Bluetooth cell phone? I have the Cingular 8125.

One more thing...

Can it be paired with any Bluetooth cell phone? I have the Cingular 8125.

The only thing I don't like is that no caller id information shows up when a call comes in. To answer your other questions, it is supposed to be able to be paired with any bluetooth phone. You can pair up to five bluetooth phones. I had the cingular 8125 and LOVED that phone but did not use all the features, so I sold it on ebay and got the Samsung D807.

You can say "Call" [name] and, if you only have one number for that name it will dial it automatically. If you have other numbers (i.e., mobile, home, work) system will prompt you to say which location and then dial. You touch one button on the keypad to answer an incoming call and one button to hang up, however, if you wait for the other caller to hang up, the system will stop automatically. You touch one button to prompt system to begin to make call for you also. There is also a button for mute so, if you don't want the caller to hear your conversation in the car, you press the mute button. There is a button to switch the call back to your cell phone.

Supposedly (I have not had the time to use these features yet) 1. ) you can also use your own phones voice dial feature through the system and have it call numbers in your phone 2.) you can also speak numbers after a call has been answered (for example entering bank account numbers or extension numbers). You can also say "dial" and then string of numbers and it will dial that way also. You can set language for spanish, french, or english. No voice training is required. It mutes the stereo when a call comes in or you press pad to initiate a call. Like I said in a previous post, this will do fine until they (if they) are able to add SYNC to these vehicles.

I will take pictures of the pad and microphone in my car tomorrow and send them to you tomorrow night. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Meanwhile, here is a link to another person's opinion of mobile ease (post # 35): http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthrea...6067&page=3

Yelnef

The only thing I don't like is that no caller id information shows up when a call comes in. To answer your other questions, it is supposed to be able to be paired with any bluetooth phone. You can pair up to five bluetooth phones. I had the cingular 8125 and LOVED that phone but did not use all the features, so I sold it on ebay and got the Samsung D807.

You can say "Call" [name] and, if you only have one number for that name it will dial it automatically. If you have other numbers (i.e., mobile, home, work) system will prompt you to say which location and then dial. You touch one button on the keypad to answer an incoming call and one button to hang up, however, if you wait for the other caller to hang up, the system will stop automatically. You touch one button to prompt system to begin to make call for you also. There is also a button for mute so, if you don't want the caller to hear your conversation in the car, you press the mute button. There is a button to switch the call back to your cell phone.

Supposedly (I have not had the time to use these features yet) 1. ) you can also use your own phones voice dial feature through the system and have it call numbers in your phone 2.) you can also speak numbers after a call has been answered (for example entering bank account numbers or extension numbers). You can also say "dial" and then string of numbers and it will dial that way also. You can set language for spanish, french, or english. No voice training is required. It mutes the stereo when a call comes in or you press pad to initiate a call. Like I said in a previous post, this will do fine until they (if they) are able to add SYNC to these vehicles.

I will take pictures of the pad and microphone in my car tomorrow and send them to you tomorrow night. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Meanwhile, here is a link to another person's opinion of mobile ease (post # 35): http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthrea...6067&page=3

Yelnef

I appreciate the additional info! I look forward to seeing the pics of your installed system. Thanks!

I appreciate the additional info! I look forward to seeing the pics of your installed system. Thanks!

Here are two pics of the only visible part of system in car. Remember, you can have them place the microphone and control pad anywhere you want. These are digital pictures so you should be able to zoom them without distortion. Thanks. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Yelnef

post-401-1173145617_thumb.jpg

post-401-1173145752_thumb.jpg

Here are two picks of the only visible part of system in car. Remember, you can have them place the microphone and control pad anywhere you want. These are digital pictures so you should be able to zoom them without distortion. Thanks. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Yelnef

Thanks for taking the pics! Now I can see what the system looks like when it's installed. It looks great! I'm definitely going to add the Mobile-Ease system to my MKX. I really appreciate all of your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are two pics of the only visible part of system in car. Remember, you can have them place the microphone and control pad anywhere you want. These are digital pictures so you should be able to zoom them without distortion. Thanks. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Yelnef

How have you been enjoying the Mobile Ease system now that you've had it for a while?

• 2 weeks later...
How have you been enjoying the Mobile Ease system now that you've had it for a while?

Picked up my MKX on Friday with Mobile-ease installed. It works great with my Blackberry 8700c and has some really great features that, to some extent, sounds ands acts very much like the OnStar phone system in the GM products.

Very happy with it so far. . .

Is there an external antenna that is also included when you get mobile-ease

Nope, it uses your mobile phone antenna. Remember that the Mobile-ease is using your cell phone via Blue Tooth to connect so the concept is the same as using a Blue Tooth headset but Mobile-ease directs it through your audio system in the car.

Works very similar to the hands free system in the GM products that have OnStar in that Mobile-ease allows you to use voice command calling, etc. My only dissappointment is that the sound quality coming through the speaker is not quite as good as the OnStar but it i do like it verses using a headset or ear piece.

Hope this helps.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to try and purchase Mobile-Ease on E-Bay, but came up empty on the search. Is it readily available on EBay?

Thanks

I wanted to try and purchase Mobile-Ease on E-Bay, but came up empty on the search. Is it readily available on EBay?

Thanks

I tried EBAY for mine, but didn't see any. Got mine from an online parts place in AZ. Good service, slightly discounted price. Install is easy, do it yourself. Don't forget the wiring harness (won't work without it and it's extra).

You'll like it, simple, easy to use, pretty good sound quality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been checking with ebay and can't find a good deal on the mobile ease.

Where would I go to get this installed in my Edge. A circuit city or something like that???? Or should I just go to my ford dealer and have them do it.

If so, if there an additional $200.00 installation fee as was mentioned earlier in this thread?

I've been checking with ebay and can't find a good deal on the mobile ease.

Where would I go to get this installed in my Edge. A circuit city or something like that???? Or should I just go to my ford dealer and have them do it.

If so, if there an additional $200.00 installation fee as was mentioned earlier in this thread?

Every dealer is different on the install charge. In fact, my dealer will install a Motorola system instead of Mobile Ease if the customer prefers. I asked him about it, since I was also interested, but decided to hold off until the SYNC retrofit question is answered. :reading:

• 3 weeks later...

My husband installed MobileEase in my car a couple of months ago (he works at a dealer) and I LOVE it! No one can tell that I am on a handsfree device, let alone in the car. The sound through the speakers is awesome and you can use your radio volume to adjust the sound. Did I mention that I love it??? :hyper:

• 11 months later...

Do you still like your mobile ease? I am contemplating getting one or waiting until they make sync available as an add on.