Voice Commands

Is there a way to enable the voice commands for the Nav/radio unit. It will display a list of commands but they appear to be disabled, at least that is what is says when I try to edit locations in my address book. Does anyone know if the voice commands work in the Lincoln versions, if so there should be a workaround somewhere.

Is there a way to enable the voice commands for the Nav/radio unit. It will display a list of commands but they appear to be disabled, at least that is what is says when I try to edit locations in my address book. Does anyone know if the voice commands work in the Lincoln versions, if so there should be a workaround somewhere.

I'm wondering if the list of voice commands on the navi units now are for possible installation of sync or some other voice program in the future. I certainly hope so. Yelnef

• 4 weeks later...

My dealer said that the voice command could be activated but I have tried with no success. I think we my have to wait for SYNC.

• 2 months later...
voice command would kinda be the icing on the cake in terms of satisfaction with my EDGE. Please someone help. i guess we will just have to wait. :reading:

I agree....it would be great if someone posted a "hack" we could make to our nav systems to enable voice command. I suspect it may take a while before one's developed, though.

I'd also love it if our Edge's can be upgraded to the Sync system when they're available later this year. I would hope Ford doesn't "punish" those of us who bought the 2007 models.