CLEANING INTERIOR SEATING

I am a clean freak with my edge both in and out but I was wondering if anyone Knows the best way to keep the tan cloth material covering the seats clean? I would like to freshen them up and give them that new look back, although there are no huge stains or anything they are dirty in spots. Anyone want to share their ideas to keep them clean, car care products, e.t.c.......

In a bucket of warm water add a half cup of Woolite/Zero detergent and mix well. Use a wash mitt to clean seats and wipe up with a clean towel. For the hard to clean spots, Mr. Clean Magic erasure (standard size) works well. Make sure you wipe up after with a clean towel. Once it is clean, you can use Lexol Leather Conditioner to keep them looking good.

I am a clean freak with my edge both in and out but I was wondering if anyone Knows the best way to keep the tan cloth material covering the seats clean? I would like to freshen them up and give them that new look back, although there are no huge stains or anything they are dirty in spots. Anyone want to share their ideas to keep them clean, car care products, e.t.c.......

Hi rich11. :D Just to add to some of Jaak's good advice: All the major car care product manufacturers (Meguiar's, Mother's etc) make very good interior upholstery cleaners. I am partial to Meguiar's, but all are good. You can purchase these products at your local Auto Parts store or even the automotive section of your local KMart, Walmart, etc.

Even a good household upholstery cleaner (Woolite, etc) will do a fine job.

I find the best type to be the spray on foams, which you then work in with a wet sponge, let dry and then vacuum. Simple to use.

After cleaning them up well, you may want to think about "Scotchguarding" the seats. You can purchase the Scotchguard aerosol yourself and do it for a fraction of the cost of having it "professionally" applied.

Just one point I would add to JAAK's good advice, since he may not have noticed that you have the cloth seats: Do do not apply a leather cleaner/conditioner to cloth seats. It will stain them.

For excellent car care tips, including the interior, see the "How-to" and "FAQ" sections of these websites:

LINK: Meguiar's

LINK; Autopia

LINK: Mother's

Of course, there are many other good websites, but at least you have place to start.

Also, you obviously do not need to purchase from those websites, just use their knowledge base information to help educate yourself concerning car care tips.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi rich11. :D Just to add to some of Jaak's good advice: All the major car care product manufacturers (Meguiar's, Mother's etc) make very good interior upholstery cleaners. I am partial to Meguiar's, but all are good. You can purchase these products at your local Auto Parts sotre or even the automotive section of your local KMart, Walmart, etc.

Even a good household upholstery cleaner (Woolite, etc) will do a fine job.

I find the best type to be the spray on foams, which you then work in with a wet sponge, let dry and then vacuum. Simple to use.

After cleaning them up well, you may want to think about Scocthguarding the seats. You can purchase the Scotchguard aerosol yourself and do it for a fraction of the cost of having it "professionally" applied.

Just one point I would add to JAAK's good advice, since he may not have noticed that you only have the cloth seats: Do do not apply a leather cleaner to cloth seats. It will stain them.

For excellent car care tips, including the interior, see the "How-to" and "FAQ" sections of these websites:

LINK: Meguiar's

LINK; Autopia

LINK: Mother's

Of course, there are many other good websites, but at least you have place to start.

Also, you obviously do not need to purchase from those websites, just use their knowledge base information to help educate yourself concerning car care tips.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks for all the great info. bbf and will be sure not to use the leather cleaner on my cloth.....lol

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Guess I'm used to leather seats ... :finger::finger:

Hi Jaak. :D Yes, I figured it slipped by while you were on "automatic pilot" when you wrote that. :hysterical:

Hey, it happens to all of us at one time or another! :grouphug:

Edited by bbf2530