Shopping For A Used '08 Edge...What Should I Be Looking For?

Taylor Daly

Im in the hunt for a used 2008 Edge...most likely SEL but possibly SE if a great deal came around.

For those of you who are truly Edge savy and have kept up with the changes and common problems with the 08 models, what specific things should I be looking for? What sort of things would a truly educated buyer be looking for on an '08?

I would see what you can find in a NEW 2008 or even 2009. When I shopped in February for mine I found that used ones were not cheap, and new 2008's were plentiful. I got a great rebate and a bunch off of the sticker. I paid less than some used ones sales people tried to stick me with. And the interest rate on the loan will be less on a new one.

What part of the country are you in?

I would see what you can find in a NEW 2008 or even 2009. When I shopped in February for mine I found that used ones were not cheap, and new 2008's were plentiful. I got a great rebate and a bunch off of the sticker. I paid less than some used ones sales people tried to stick me with. And the interest rate on the loan will be less on a new one.

Southern MN

Hmm...from what Im finding I seem much better off financially in the used market. I certainly could be missing something though. My bank has me at 4.29% on the used loan.

Edited by Taylor Daly