Prospective New Owner - 2009 SEL (N TX)

hoof013

Greetings All,

I'm looking at purchasing a new 2009 Edge in the next week or so. My wife and I really like the vehicle and we're looking forward to getting into one.

I really like the platinum white with gray leather interior.

We settled on the SEL with options as fitting our needs.

I've found two cars so far here in N TX (75230) that fit the bill.

2FMDK38C99BA97220 - $34,475 - MSRP - Doug Stanley Ford - Desoto, TX

2FMDK38C99BA86668 - $33,825 - MSRP - Stanley Ford - Pilot Point, TX

We have:

X-Plan number

$3,500 incentives

$750 cash back for brochure (I hope, waiting for it in the mail.)

I know to avoid late add-ons to the cost. I will be asking for a drive-out cost prior to visiting the dealership as we plan to pay it out rather than finance.

Is there a conquest rebate available right now for N TX? I have a 2001 VW Passat.

Is there anything I'm missing or could do to help get the best price?

Any suggestions or thoughts on what a good price would be are gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again for any input.

Richard

"NORMAL" is the setting on a washing machine.

Greetings All,

I'm looking at purchasing a new 2009 Edge in the next week or so. My wife and I really like the vehicle and we're looking forward to getting into one.

I really like the platinum white with gray leather interior.

We settled on the SEL with options as fitting our needs.

I've found two cars so far here in N TX (75230) that fit the bill.

2FMDK38C99BA97220 - $34,475 - MSRP - Doug Stanley Ford - Desoto, TX

2FMDK38C99BA86668 - $33,825 - MSRP - Stanley Ford - Pilot Point, TX

We have:

X-Plan number

$3,500 incentives

$750 cash back for brochure (I hope, waiting for it in the mail.)

I know to avoid late add-ons to the cost. I will be asking for a drive-out cost prior to visiting the dealership as we plan to pay it out rather than finance.

Is there a conquest rebate available right now for N TX? I have a 2001 VW Passat.

Is there anything I'm missing or could do to help get the best price?

Any suggestions or thoughts on what a good price would be are gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again for any input.

Richard

"NORMAL" is the setting on a washing machine.

Hi Richard. :D The X-Plan gives a pre-set price, guaranteed by Ford. However, not all Dealers are completely honest, so you need to be your ow policeman.

To get the correct X-Plan Price, you do the following: If a Dealer is willing to sell a vehicle on the X-Plan (it is up to Dealer discretion) they are required by Ford, to show you the Factory Invoice (and give you a copy). On that Factory Invoice is a box labeled "X-Plan". In that box is the X-Plan Price.

So, when yo go to the Dealership, tell them you are interested in purchasing on the X-Plan and ask for your copy of the Factory Invoice. Do not accept altered or handwritten copies or numbers.

That price in the X-Plan box is your X-Plan Price before any Incentives are deducted and before Tax, Title and Registration are added. The Dealer may also add a $75 maximum "Documentation Fee". That is the only Dealer added fee allowed. Absolutely no other Dealer Fees or Charges. No exceptions.

So in the end, your Purchase Contract figures should look something like this:

The Initial X-Plan Price (it is listed on the Factory Invoice, in a box labeled "X-Plan Price", which the Dealer is required to show you)

+ Any Dealer installed options or Extended Service Plan (agreed upon by you)

= Subtotal

+ State and Local Sales Taxes

= Subtotal

- Any Incentives and Rebates you qualify for

= Subtotal

+ a $75 maximum "Documentation Fee"

= Subtotal

+ Title and Registration

= Your Final X-Plan Price

And again, remember that you must be your own policeman. Unfortunately in direct experience helping friends and family with AXZ-Plan purchases over the years, the vast majority of Dealership salespeople will try to pull one over on the customer. In fact, in over 40 AXZ-Plan sales I have helped my family and friends with, only three times has the salesman not tried to "accidentally" overcharge (and two of those three were the same honest salesperson). In the hundreds of Plan sales we have assisted with here, it is pretty much the same story. There are good Dealers out there, but they are sometimes hard to find. So be on your toes!

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530