Replaced fog lights

My MKX had deer damage and while at the body shop and front end parts were removed I brought the valance home to see about upgrading the fog lights. It seems that our fogs are a Ford style that are used on many cars & have been since 2004. Dont know the Mfg.

They look like Projector type fog lights. However, on closer inspection, they are some style that has no name other than cheap. There is only a small slit that the light is emitted from.

So I removed the OEM fogs. You need to take off the chrome front surround and take them out through the front of the valance.

After eyeballing the mounting, I elongated the hole in the mounting bracket (drilled it out) of the Hellas so the light could be positioned in such a way that it was adjustable/aimable.

I used some "L" type stock that I had as a mounting bracket. Flat stock would work as well.

I can reach one side of the lights to tighten the "hold down" bolts and drilled a hole on the other side of the housing to be able to reach the opposite side to snuk the lights down once they are aligned.

Will post some "after" pics when installed on the MKX.

Double pics....???? Hella DE fog lights

post-6482-1257734136_thumb.jpg

post-6482-1257735926_thumb.jpg

post-6482-1257736279_thumb.jpg

post-6482-1257736294_thumb.jpg

post-6482-1257736310_thumb.jpg

post-6482-1257736893_thumb.jpg

Edited by kempie

My MKX had deer damage and while at the body shop and front end parts were removed I brought the valance home to see about upgrading the fog lights. It seems that our fogs are a Ford style that are used on many cars & have been since 2004. Dont know the Mfg.

They look like Projector type fog lights. However, on closer inspection, they are some style that has no name other than cheap. There is only a small slit that the light is emitted from.

So I removed the OEM fogs. You need to take off the chrome front surround and take them out through the front of the valance.

After eyeballing the mounting, I elongated the hole in the mounting bracket (drilled it out) of the Hellas so the light could be positioned in such a way that it was adjustable/aimable.

I used some "L" type stock that I had as a mounting bracket. Flat stock would work as well.

I can reach one side of the lights to tighten the "hold down" bolts and drilled a hole on the other side of the housing to be able to reach the opposite side to snuk the lights down once they are aligned.

Will post some "after" pics when installed on the MKX.

Double pics....???? Hella DE fog lights

Very Nice...Looks Great!!! I like them better than the originals...I'll keep this in mind for replacing the fog lights on mine.