Ford Bi-Directional Remote Start Install 9G1Z-19G364-A

Has anyone installed this unit in their edge? If so any tips or tricks for the install I will be attempting this weekend? I have read a few places on these forums that the dual climate control would not come on with remote start, anyone know if this is true? Also any ideas on how to turn on heated seats with this unit?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I plan on posting pics and info on my install to aid others when I'm done

Hello,

The single keyfob Ford remote start will not work with the autoclimate control in Edges. The Edges require two outputs to both turn on the vehicle and turn on the autoclimate and the single fob remote start only has one output. You would need the six button keyfob if you want to be able to turn on the heater/ac, etc. The above information came directly from Ford Accessory technician. As far as the heated seats, i read on this forum that Ford purposely setup the heated seats so that you can not program them to work with the remote start, i do not know if this is true just going from what i read on here. hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Has anyone installed this unit in their edge? If so any tips or tricks for the install I will be attempting this weekend? I have read a few places on these forums that the dual climate control would not come on with remote start, anyone know if this is true? Also any ideas on how to turn on heated seats with this unit?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I plan on posting pics and info on my install to aid others when I'm done

Go aftermarket. If your doing the install yourself you get the same warranty. NONE except on the parts.

Advantages of aftermarket:

1. all functions work (including the auto-climate)

2. can hook up the heated seats.

3. LOTS longer range.

Last weekend i just installed myself an autopage alarm/remote start (im a previous professional installer of 12 years). It has 1mile range (thats what they say), I have it hooked up to the power lift gate, each heated seat independently (meaning i can control the drivers or pass on hi-or lo), and i can turn on the rear defrost (mirrors too). With this unit i have EVERY accessory in the vehicle working as it should, just like it would if the key was in the ignition. You can get this model online for about 200.

On top of the remote start you will also need a bypass module to bypass the PATS system. You will need this for the factory remote start also.

Edited by baum