Upholstery Cleaning SE Edge Light Stone

Mr. Westfield

Has anybody cleaned the seats on their SE Edge's? The base material is difficult to clean. The truck I have has the light stone interior and boy did I make a mistake for getting that color.

Every speck of dirt shows up.

Then it looks like the dog peed' the seat after shampooing.

What are you using?

I heard that the Ford F150 also has this same lousy material and Ford has a specific cleaner for it.

Has anybody used it?

Edited by Mr. Westfield

Has anybody cleaned the seats on their SE Edge's? The base material is difficult to clean. The truck I have has the light stone interior and boy did I make a mistake for getting that color.

Every speck of dirt shows up.

Then it looks like the dog peed' the seat after shampooing.

What are you using?

I heard that the Ford F150 also has this same lousy material and Ford has a specific cleaner for it.

Has anybody used it?

I usually use one of our carpet shampoo machines. Our big one (Hoover SteamVac) has the hand/furniture attachment but the small one (SpotBot) also has one and is easier to drag around. I used to be able to find unscented carpet shampoo but haven't bought any in awhile so I'm not sure if it's available. Anyway, after the shampooing I take a bucket with hot water and a rag and go over the entire area to "blend in" and/or soak up any left over damp areas from the cleaning which can cause the spotting you mentioned. Just keep wringing it out in the bucket of clean water as you go. When we first got our MKX the carpets weren't exactly in the cleanest of condition. People hauled kids and I found quite an assortment of food, tiny toys, melted/sticky wrappers, and all kinds of junk under the seats. I ended up just completely removing the rear seat and spent a whole day on the carpets. Came out better than new but was alot of work.

In case you are wondering why we have 2 machines we have raised 3 Italian Greyhounds and a Boxer since pups and we both are very picky about a clean and nice smelling home so we spared no expense...lol.

• 3 years later...