Placed my order....

So I placed the order for my Edge Limited on October 29th and was told 4-6 weeks for delivery. On the 21st of December, I called and was told that my Edge was built and scheduled to be delivered any day by my sales rep and that he had the VIN. From the 21st of December to yesterday January 11, I was continuously told that my car would be in "any day now" by the sales rep and was never given any new information since the 21st of December. I know with the Holidays and all, things would be slow. But yesterday when I called I was once again told, by my sales rep, that he did not have any new information. Only after I told him that it was unacceptable of 3 weeks without any information and of supposedly being delivered any day, that he finally dug for information. My sales rep then came back and told me yesterday, that Ford is having an issue with the Vista roof and that it is holding my car up and the scheduled delivery date is mid Feb. So it hasn't even been finished being built yet it seems, let alone been shipped. Now when I asked him why it took 3 weeks to find this out, he says it was Ford that was not communicating anything to them. But if there is a production issue, wouldn't Ford make it a point to notify dealers about pending orders? I also brought up the fact about being told that it was already built and he had the VIN and now finding out that was a lie, to which my rep said it was only him saying that on assumption. He never checked on the status of my car and only assumed. I'm not too happy about being lied to like this.

I'm not sure what to do, should wait or cancel the order and go else where?

So I placed the order for my Edge Limited on October 29th and was told 4-6 weeks for delivery. On the 21st of December, I called and was told that my Edge was built and scheduled to be delivered any day by my sales rep and that he had the VIN. From the 21st of December to yesterday January 11, I was continuously told that my car would be in "any day now" by the sales rep and was never given any new information since the 21st of December. I know with the Holidays and all, things would be slow. But yesterday when I called I was once again told, by my sales rep, that he did not have any new information. Only after I told him that it was unacceptable of 3 weeks without any information and of supposedly being delivered any day, that he finally dug for information. My sales rep then came back and told me yesterday, that Ford is having an issue with the Vista roof and that it is holding my car up and the scheduled delivery date is mid Feb. So it hasn't even been finished being built yet it seems, let alone been shipped. Now when I asked him why it took 3 weeks to find this out, he says it was Ford that was not communicating anything to them. But if there is a production issue, wouldn't Ford make it a point to notify dealers about pending orders? I also brought up the fact about being told that it was already built and he had the VIN and now finding out that was a lie, to which my rep said it was only him saying that on assumption. He never checked on the status of my car and only assumed. I'm not too happy about being lied to like this.

All sounds kinda fishy to me.

I ordered my Edge on Oct. 10th and took delivery on Dec. 11th.

All along my salesman kept me updated with the info that was available to him.

I was told when my car was scheduled to be built,

a VIN number, and an approximate delivery date.

Only people who can tell you if there really is a production issue are the Oakville plant employee's.

Maybe one will chime in for you.

If you don't mind buying off someone else's lot then cancel the order and go elsewhere.

Otherwise you're just going to have to go through the same waiting game again.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

I went to the dealer today to look at another Edge similar to what I had ordered that they got in. I ended up walking out after they wouldn't add what it was missing which are the lighted door sills, the remote start, and the cargo accessory package. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle, I'm just gona go to another dealer that wants my business.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my deposit back last week and went to another dealer on Saturday. I placed my order for the same Cinnamon w/Camel interior Edge, but decided to get the nav unit this time.

Good job on the NAV - let me know know you like it.

Just wondering - I'll potentially be in the same situation. I've placed my order and have been told mid feb b/c one is coming "on the truck" - whatever that means. If it is delayed any longer I'm just going to have to walk away from the deal as I have found 3 dealers somewhat local that have the car sitting on the log collecting dust. My dealer didn't even mention doing a trade and my bill of sale doesn't even have a VIN # on it so I'm thinking getting my deposit back will be easy.

Are you in Ontario - more specifically Toronto/Mississauga area?

Good job on the NAV - let me know know you like it.

Just wondering - I'll potentially be in the same situation. I've placed my order and have been told mid feb b/c one is coming "on the truck" - whatever that means. If it is delayed any longer I'm just going to have to walk away from the deal as I have found 3 dealers somewhat local that have the car sitting on the log collecting dust. My dealer didn't even mention doing a trade and my bill of sale doesn't even have a VIN # on it so I'm thinking getting my deposit back will be easy.

Are you in Ontario - more specifically Toronto/Mississauga area?

If you placed an order you won't have a VIN number on your bill of sale.

Your salesman will have access to that information and should be able to give that to you when it becomes available.

You should have negotiated your final price before incentives though and if you didn't you will probably get a

better deal on a car sitting on a lot.

If you placed an order you won't have a VIN number on your bill of sale.

Your salesman will have access to that information and should be able to give that to you when it becomes available.

You should have negotiated your final price before incentives though and if you didn't you will probably get a

better deal on a car sitting on a lot.

That's what I figured! It was only after I signed that I found out you could actually search dealer inventories online. Had I known I would have walked into the right dealership and struck a deal,.... "I'll take that one!"

Oh well - lesson learned!

I really don't like Mizicke5273 's dealer experiance though - the minute I feel I'm being lied to I would want out of the deal and it seems he was. I got a good enough deal on mine though but there were a couple things I wasn't happy about. At the last minute - somehow the remote starter fell out of the deal and I had to pay for that out of pocket - not too impressed by that. In the moment I just said "meh" I'll just pay.

So I can sympathize with Mizicke5273.

Anyhow - we'll see if my Edge arrives on time.

• 3 weeks later...

I had Almost the exact thing hapen to me so i was thinking to somehow cancel my order and get my deposit back and i saw the impressive 2011. The thing is i currently own a 2007 ford edge and was upgrading but now that this happend i want to get a 2011. right now they are offering 25000 for a trade in but do you think the price will hold up if i trade it in for a 2011 instead of a 2010. If you think it'll hold up till 20k i'll go ahead and go for a 2011.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked my Edge up last Friday, and very glad I went with the Nave unit. The information and little things it adds is what really makes it so great. Anyways, I didn't get as much for my Mustang as the other dealer was offering and a little lower than I would have liked, but they took money off of the prince of the Edge. I basically got my Edge w/ the Nav for the same price as I would have paid at the other dealer without it. So it worked out to be pretty close to what I would have paid anyways.

I'll be honest, I am very surprised at how quiet the cabin is, I hardly hear anything from outside. And what a smooth ride it is. I am happy and impressed with my Edge. And just plain glad to finally have it. I sucks that I didn't get to drive my Mustang very much these last few weeks before trading it in, but hopefully I'll have one again some day!