Stock turn signal burned

At only 12k miles one of my turn signal bulbs went out on the way home. Stopped at the store, got a new one. Opened it up to find the bulb melted and the socket burned. I referenced an old post about this below. Is this an indication of worse problems? Will the other one do the same thing?

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2594-does-anyone-else-have-burnt-taillight-lamps/page__hl__burned

BULB.jpg

Looks like a false alarm. Dealer told me that the bulb is aftermarket, not Ford and that it must have been changed before I bought it. Said it was too big and why it blew and melted and charred the socket. Said wires and socket are fine.

Did you read all 5 pages of the post you referenced? Many of us have had the same problem and many have switched to LED bulbs.

I'm not saying you have a problem, but after reading about others with burnt sockets, I checked mine and they had already discolored with only 9000 miles.

Did you read all 5 pages of the post you referenced? Many of us have had the same problem and many have switched to LED bulbs.

I'm not saying you have a problem, but after reading about others with burnt sockets, I checked mine and they had already discolored with only 9000 miles.

Not sure what the difference is and why they are better, maybe someone could explain. I have no problem changing them out.

Not sure what the difference is and why they are better, maybe someone could explain. I have no problem changing them out.

The LED bulbs use much less electricity. As a result they produce much less heat. The biggest drawback is that the computer that controls the flasher is fooled into thinking your bulbs are burned out. It flashes faster to alert you to what it sees to be a problem.

There has been a post saying the dealer could switch the alert function off.