Roof Mounted Cargo Carrier w/Panoramic Sun Roof

JDoodles

Taking a road trip soon and need to know if anyone has used one of those roof-mounted cargo carriers on their Edge (mine is a 2008) with the panoramic sun roof? I called parts dept. of local dealer and they mentioned that the description calls for roof rails, which I do not have. Any feedback greatly appreciated. Honestly, the Edge looks nice, but can't wait until it comes off lease so I can get something else.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Bobbyz - in your write up about the Yakima Q Tower set up you use with your Edge you provide 4 measurements. What exactly are they? Where are you measuring from? I have all the parts off of e-bay and am ready to throw it together. Thanks!

These are the foot pad/Q clips/bar position measurements relative to the edges of the roof - front back left right.

The easiest answer is to go to Yakima's website at www.yakima.com and go to the Fit My Car link.

- Enter your make/year/model information.

- Select: On top of roof > Naked > Build your own [Next] > Let's Go

- At the bottom of the Base System screen, select Fit Notes + Measurements. Here you will see the measurement reference points and recommended distances.

These instructions are also included in the boxes for the foot pads and the Q-clips.

Happy motoring and Happy Summer !!

:-)