Subwoofer Cuts Out Randomly

I'm having some issues with my woofer. I had it replaced under warranty a few months ago because it was rattling. Now, and for the past few months, whenever I listen to music at about 30% volume while driving, the subwoofer will cut out for about two seconds, then come back to life again. It's rather annoying, especially seeing as I listen to fairly bassy music.

The only time I was able to reproduce it (with the vehicle parked, I opened the power hatch) but since has not done it. I took it to the dealer when that happened and "everyone was on lunch" so they could not look at it.

I have never had this issue before regardless of volume (although I will mention turning the volume down doesn't necessarily prevent it), and it is one that is extremely difficult to reproduce for the dealer. Anyone have any suggestions on what I might try or what it might be?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

I'm having some issues with my woofer. I had it replaced under warranty a few months ago because it was rattling. Now, and for the past few months, whenever I listen to music at about 30% volume while driving, the subwoofer will cut out for about two seconds, then come back to life again. It's rather annoying, especially seeing as I listen to fairly bassy music.

The only time I was able to reproduce it (with the vehicle parked, I opened the power hatch) but since has not done it. I took it to the dealer when that happened and "everyone was on lunch" so they could not look at it.

I have never had this issue before regardless of volume (although I will mention turning the volume down doesn't necessarily prevent it), and it is one that is extremely difficult to reproduce for the dealer. Anyone have any suggestions on what I might try or what it might be?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Do bumps/rough roads affect it? Sounds like a loose wire, most likely at the enclosure.

• 3 weeks later...

Do bumps/rough roads affect it? Sounds like a loose wire, most likely at the enclosure.

I've narrowed it down so I can reproduce it, and I'm going to take it to a dealer when I have time. It seems to be electrical, or the AMP. It cuts out completely randomly while I'm driving, but oddly every time I open the power hatch it does it as well. Only for a second or so. Maybe it's not getting enough power?