Climate Control Modification

My company bought me a 2010 Ford Edge, but it's stripped down and basic. The only option that it has is Sync. I hate manual climate controls, so I was wondering if a control swap to the automatic controls is possible, and if so, how extensive is the project?

My company bought me a 2010 Ford Edge, but it's stripped down and basic. The only option that it has is Sync. I hate manual climate controls, so I was wondering if a control swap to the automatic controls is possible, and if so, how extensive is the project?

If I were you, I'd call the dealer your employer used and ask them what it would cost to get that option installed. then call a salvage yard and see if you can find an Edge with automatic A/C and get the dash controls and stuff from them. Probably cheaper that way, but it's much cheaper than either to just suck it up and enjoy what someone else is paying for you to use.

If I were you, I'd call the dealer your employer used and ask them what it would cost to get that option installed. then call a salvage yard and see if you can find an Edge with automatic A/C and get the dash controls and stuff from them. Probably cheaper that way, but it's much cheaper than either to just suck it up and enjoy what someone else is paying for you to use.

I did some looking on eBay, and it looks like I can get the parts for relatively cheap. I was hoping that someone here had done this swap before and could tell me if there are any major modifications that go along with it.

Can this be done...sure, however the cost and labor involved in doing so will be very high. The first thing you have to do is pull the entire dash board out and install the HVAC box for the automatic climate control as it is different than the one for the the regular system, book time alone on this is almost 7 hours and is not recommended for the average DIYer. Then you obviously need the HVAC controller and more than likely you are going to have to have some programming done which will be impossible at the dealer because they are going to tell you that you can't do it because the vehicle wasn't built that way. This project would be considered a MAJOR modification

I wanted to, do the same with my 2007. DON"T!

I did the research and it requires a NEW instrument panel wiring harness. The existing manual harness will not work. This is necessary ALONG with the new HVAC controller and reprogramming of the ECU module which MUST be done by the dealer- who WILL NOT DO IT because it will void existing warranty. So suck it up and twirl the knobs!