2007 edge with towing package

My wife recently bought a 2007 Edge with the towing package and we are considering purchasing a 2925 dry weight travel trailer. Anyone out there have experience or recommendations with towing such and animal? The specific model is a Jayfeather X17C single axle. Thanks for any and all advice.

I have towed a covered trailer and MC at about 2200lbs. Apart from mileage - no problem at all. I did not have electric brakes or sway bars, but I did make sure the tongue weight was correct and I soon learnt that you switched overdrive off. Assuming you had both, I would guess you will not have any problems at all although performance will be down and you will have to watch total weight.

Make sure the trailer has electric brakes and you set the Edge up with a good brake controller for the trailer.

The biggest issue with towing anything is the ability to STOP it in a controlled manner in a panic situation.

Regarding brake controllers, don't buy a cheap one. A good, proportional controller doesn't cost much more. Personally, I've used the Tekonsha Prodigy in my trucks for many years pulling boats, travel trailers, horse trailers, etc.....

90885.jpg

Link to Tekonsha website

http://www.tekonsha.com/product/details.asp?ProdID=90885&cat=1435

Here's a link to a place I've purchased from in the past - I've had good luck with them.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-hitches/prodigy-brake-controllers.htm