Back Up Light Wires for Trailer

Has anyone tried to wire up back up lights for a trailer? I have a 7 pin round on my trailer and I really want to use back up lights on it. The wires to the BU lights in the lights just don't look stout enough to tie anything onto. I have a couple of ideas to try, but if someone has already invented the wheel, I will use theirs happily.

I haven't done this yet, but I do have a 7 pin round ( and a 4 flat ) in one connector. I do plan on wiring up the rest of the 7 pin. My first thought for the back-up lights would be to use that wire as a trigger for a relay. Then you could run a much larger wire to the battery. That should be more than enough I would think.

I haven't done this yet, but I do have a 7 pin round ( and a 4 flat ) in one connector. I do plan on wiring up the rest of the 7 pin. My first thought for the back-up lights would be to use that wire as a trigger for a relay. Then you could run a much larger wire to the battery. That should be more than enough I would think.

That is what I thought I would do. I was just interested in finding out what others had done. I would like some good lighting back there to see where the trailer is going.