Navigation & breadcrumbs

Hi,

2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD.

For Navigation. If you press Menu / Settings / Navigation - then go to the Breadcrumbs option. It gives you the option to turn Breadcrumbs on or off.

Does anyone use this option and could help me out? I tried turning the Breadcrumbs to on and then went on a short trip to experiment.

After driving around a little, I can't figure out how to bring the Breadcrumbs memory up to view where I traveled.

My old dashboard / handheld GPS gave options to save breadcrumbs and then run the trip in reverse etc.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding Ford's definition of Breadcrumbs. I studied both manuals for this and found only one page that mentions breadcrumbs. It really only tells you how to turn it on, but not how to access or use it after it's on.

If someone can set me on the right path, it would be appreciated. I used breadcrumbs a lot on my old GPS portable navigator. This is the first Nav I've used that is built right into the car. So maybe it means something completely different in the Ford.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Amy

Amy,

I enabled the breadcrumb feature during a day trip today. I only saw the marching ants or breadcrumbs when returning with the map in map mode and no set destination. I fond the feature a bit uselss.

I used breadcrumbs on an old Garmin and I could view my route(s) and destinations for the day.

I'm hoping the developers will enable more functionality in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx rw,

Yes trips that require a lot of turning or for longer trips, the breadcrumbs are nice if you can save the trip as a favorite, or use it to navigate backwards with audio guidance.

I agree with you. I've experimented with every angle, and studied the breadcrumbs in the navigation system. It can really only be used as live markers and not be saved. Also if you backtrack with the breadcrumbs, it's all manual. You have to watch the screen, to retrace your steps. So as you say, a bit useless.

I hope the developers reevaluate this little feature which can be very powerful if used right.

Even the cheapest portable GPS's have usable breadcrumbs and is a key feature of the unit.

Amy

Amy,

I enabled the breadcrumb feature during a day trip today. I only saw the marching ants or breadcrumbs when returning with the map in map mode and no set destination. I fond the feature a bit uselss.

I used breadcrumbs on an old Garmin and I could view my route(s) and destinations for the day.

I'm hoping the developers will enable more functionality in the future.