Edge Interior Suggestions for Ford

Well, we've had our new Edge for almost 3 weeks now, and truly love the vehicle.

I do have some suggestions for Ford, though, should they be interested in comments from their consumers:

1. Make the cupholders in the console BOTH full-sized....with adaptors for smaller cups. (Shouldn't have to figure this one out, as it's offered on the F-150, I think).

2. Put the bottle holder on the door closer to the rear of the door to make it easier to reach (as only one person can put the drink in the console, as per suggestion #1 above).

3. Again...on the door storage...take a cue from Nissan and put a hinge on them so we can pull them out a couple of inches for easier access and cleaning.

4. Make the angle of the headrests adjustable so some of us don't have to flip the headrests around (and ruin Ford's 5-star crash test score!).

5. Reprogram the navigation system disply so that the satellite radio station song title, artist, etc. (selectable by the user) SCROLLS across the top of the screen while in map mode.

6. Give the 2007 model owners with navigation systems a good bluetooth option.

7. Take a hard look at the leather seating. While the stitching in the seats is nice to look at, they sure do collect dirt.

8. Move the Message Center to the center of the dash, where the front passenger can read and operate it.

9. Offer an upgraded dash lighting package....maybe one where the color can be changed by the user?

10. Increase the size of the rear carpet mats. What's offered now doesn't come close to covering the rear flooring.

11. Offer a rear cargo cover (not for me, as I never used one before anyway, but others are asking for this).

Again...I don't know if Ford reads these forums or not....sure would be nice of them to consider the above improvements.

Well, we've had our new Edge for almost 3 weeks now, and truly love the vehicle.

I do have some suggestions for Ford, though, should they be interested in comments from their consumers:

1. Make the cupholders in the console BOTH full-sized....with adaptors for smaller cups. (Shouldn't have to figure this one out, as it's offered on the F-150, I think).

2. Put the bottle holder on the door closer to the rear of the door to make it easier to reach (as only one person can put the drink in the console, as per suggestion #1 above).

3. Again...on the door storage...take a cue from Nissan and put a hinge on them so we can pull them out a couple of inches for easier access and cleaning.

4. Make the angle of the headrests adjustable so some of us don't have to flip the headrests around (and ruin Ford's 5-star crash test score!).

5. Reprogram the navigation system disply so that the satellite radio station song title, artist, etc. (selectable by the user) SCROLLS across the top of the screen while in map mode.

6. Give the 2007 model owners with navigation systems a good bluetooth option.

7. Take a hard look at the leather seating. While the stitching in the seats is nice to look at, they sure do collect dirt.

8. Move the Message Center to the center of the dash, where the front passenger can read and operate it.

9. Offer an upgraded dash lighting package....maybe one where the color can be changed by the user?

10. Increase the size of the rear carpet mats. What's offered now doesn't come close to covering the rear flooring.

11. Offer a rear cargo cover (not for me, as I never used one before anyway, but others are asking for this).

Again...I don't know if Ford reads these forums or not....sure would be nice of them to consider the above improvements.

Although I'm still waiting for my Edge, I can certainly agree with #1 and #11 just from the test drive. The cup holders are an issue when your passenger wants a large drink as well. I have just such an arrangement in my 05 Escape and I'm frequently removing the rubber insert so that a second large drink will fit. I will say however that side by side cup holders are even better and Ford uses them in other vehicles.

I use the cargo cover all the time in my Escape to cover up my stuff and I'm going to miss it in the Edge. It's a minor thing when you consider what a fine vehicle the Edge is, but Ford makes odd design decisions like that all the time and it's annoying!

For example, they spent an untold amount of money to redesign the 08 Escape inside and out and then left out an adjustable lumbar support for the driver! We won't even talk about replacing rear discs with drums!

Sorry I veered off topic for a minute.

As for the rest of your suggestions, I'll have to reserve comment until I have a chance to drive my Edge for awhile.

Although I'm still waiting for my Edge, I can certainly agree with #1 and #11 just from the test drive. The cup holders are an issue when your passenger wants a large drink as well. I have just such an arrangement in my 05 Escape and I'm frequently removing the rubber insert so that a second large drink will fit. I will say however that side by side cup holders are even better and Ford uses them in other vehicles.

I use the cargo cover all the time in my Escape to cover up my stuff and I'm going to miss it in the Edge. It's a minor thing when you consider what a fine vehicle the Edge is, but Ford makes odd design decisions like that all the time and it's annoying!

For example, they spent an untold amount of money to redesign the 08 Escape inside and out and then left out an adjustable lumbar support for the driver! We won't even talk about replacing rear discs with drums!

Sorry I veered off topic for a minute.

As for the rest of your suggestions, I'll have to reserve comment until I have a chance to drive my Edge for awhile.

Lest anyone think otherwise...don't think I don't love our new Edge....we sure do!!!!