2011 Center Stack Removal

HI All,

I am adding two subs to my Edge, one which is for a JL sub I am adding, one is for the 4 speakers I already replaced. I am now trying to add an re-q5 unit which strips the audio from the head unit and passes clean, unaltered sound to the amp which then does all the processing. I need access to the back of the screen where the wiring harness is, but can't seem to get back there. I can see the wires coming off the head unit (stock MFT) when I take off the glove box, but I need better access to tap into the wires coming off of the head unit. Can anyone assist me on where to start removing the center stack area so I can get directly behind the touch screen? This is the last remaining piece I need to finish my setup so any help is appreciated!!

Thanks.

HI All,

I am adding two subs to my Edge, one which is for a JL sub I am adding, one is for the 4 speakers I already replaced. I am now trying to add an re-q5 unit which strips the audio from the head unit and passes clean, unaltered sound to the amp which then does all the processing. I need access to the back of the screen where the wiring harness is, but can't seem to get back there. I can see the wires coming off the head unit (stock MFT) when I take off the glove box, but I need better access to tap into the wires coming off of the head unit. Can anyone assist me on where to start removing the center stack area so I can get directly behind the touch screen? This is the last remaining piece I need to finish my setup so any help is appreciated!!

Thanks.

does this pdf help?

Install Ambient Lighting.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

HI All,

Thanks.

Nice setup Spongers! Sounds like a vast improvement over the Sony stocker. I thought it was pretty decent when I first bought the Edge, but after my first extended road trip with the windows down and volume up I need to upgrade some things.

1st, door speakers. Crutchfield has a good range of 6x8s for the front and rear and since this is the easiest part figured I'd do it this weekend....how hard were the door panels to remove? I haven't looked at them yet and Crutchfield doesn't have instructions in their master install. Any tips?

Nice setup Spongers! Sounds like a vast improvement over the Sony stocker. I thought it was pretty decent when I first bought the Edge, but after my first extended road trip with the windows down and volume up I need to upgrade some things.

1st, door speakers. Crutchfield has a good range of 6x8s for the front and rear and since this is the easiest part figured I'd do it this weekend....how hard were the door panels to remove? I haven't looked at them yet and Crutchfield doesn't have instructions in their master install. Any tips?

Frybel, the front panels weren't hard to remove at all once I realized the last bolt is under the window button trim panel (for the front doors anyway). The front has 6 I think (2 on the bottom edge, 1 on the latch, 1 on the hinge side, the one under the window button trim panel, and one under the top silver trim panel on the hand hold which you just pry off to get access to the bolt). The back doors literally have 4 bolts (1 on the latch side of the door, 2 on the bottom, and one under a pop-out panel under the hand hold) and they come right off.

I didnt have the Sony system so mine was even worse! Got the JL audio sub in today and after looking at the instructions and taking that rear storage panel off a few times already I think this is going to be really easy now that I have the amps all hooked up already! I will post pics when I am done!