Drivers Seat

I bought a used 2010 Edge Limited last week and am still getting used to it after four years of driving a 2004 VW Passat and my wife's 2001 Mustang LX. The driver's seating position is taking quite a bit of time to get used to, especially since it is so much higher than I am used to. But this morning, I noticed it felt like I was tilted to the left and sliding off the seat -- sort of like seating on top of an off-center cushion. I thought maybe it was just the road, or my getting used to a new seat that is much better padded and not as broken in (broken down?) as my old VW. However, when I parked the car and work and examined the seat, I found that the inside bolster of the seating surface appears to be narrower and slightly more vertical than the outside bolster. I checked the passenger seat and found the same thing -- the side of the seat bottom near the console is narrower and more upright than the side near the door. Since it is the same on both sides, it looks like it might be a deliberate design feature to make it easier to slide in and out of the side by having a lower, flatter bolster on the door side. Or it might just be that it has worn that way over the months that the car has been in use.

Has anybody else noticed this, or is it just my Edge? If you have experienced, do you know if it is by design or by use? My wife really likes the Edge and I am trying to get used to it, especially since it is my primary vehicle, but this is a rather strange issue to encounter.

Thanks.

I bought a used 2010 Edge Limited last week and am still getting used to it after four years of driving a 2004 VW Passat and my wife's 2001 Mustang LX. The driver's seating position is taking quite a bit of time to get used to, especially since it is so much higher than I am used to. But this morning, I noticed it felt like I was tilted to the left and sliding off the seat -- sort of like seating on top of an off-center cushion. I thought maybe it was just the road, or my getting used to a new seat that is much better padded and not as broken in (broken down?) as my old VW. However, when I parked the car and work and examined the seat, I found that the inside bolster of the seating surface appears to be narrower and slightly more vertical than the outside bolster. I checked the passenger seat and found the same thing -- the side of the seat bottom near the console is narrower and more upright than the side near the door. Since it is the same on both sides, it looks like it might be a deliberate design feature to make it easier to slide in and out of the side by having a lower, flatter bolster on the door side. Or it might just be that it has worn that way over the months that the car has been in use.

Has anybody else noticed this, or is it just my Edge? If you have experienced, do you know if it is by design or by use? My wife really likes the Edge and I am trying to get used to it, especially since it is my primary vehicle, but this is a rather strange issue to encounter.

Thanks.

I haven't noticed this exact problem, but my issue is that the bolster's are too open. Meaning that it was developed for a larger person on average and I don't seem to get the same support, especially if holding a hard corner with speed.

I would like it if the bolsters were larger and cradled me more.