Hi everyone!

Someone kindly hit my driver side mirror and popped it out, and I've managed to tape it to the chassis and I can at least use the mirror. The puddle lamp works, you can hear the motor when I try to move the mirror, but the dealer says I need the entire assembly. It seems that the only "damage" is that the mirror is popped out and I'm unable to pop it back in myself (I'm afraid I'll break the mirror). Has anyone had this happen and is this something that I really do need the whole assembly (it's $500 installed!) or is it something that I could take to my corner body shop and have them do it for me? If I need the whole thing, that's fine. I just don't want to be ripped off because I don't know any better.

Edited by DebraKeighley

Hi everyone!

Someone kindly hit my driver side mirror and popped it out, and I've managed to tape it to the chassis and I can at least use the mirror. The puddle lamp works, you can hear the motor when I try to move the mirror, but the dealer says I need the entire assembly. It seems that the only "damage" is that the mirror is popped out and I'm unable to pop it back in myself (I'm afraid I'll break the mirror). Has anyone had this happen and is this something that I really do need the whole assembly (it's $500 installed!) or is it something that I could take to my corner body shop and have them do it for me? If I need the whole thing, that's fine. I just don't want to be ripped off because I don't know any better.

Greetings and welcome

Follow this link, pg 5 and start reading about post #86. (sorry about the missing pictures)

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2759-integrated-blind-spot-mirrors/page__hl__blind__st__80

It gives a good description of getting the glass off and back on.

It is easy but be careful, there have been come mirrors broken.

ab

• 4 months later...