2011 SEL AWD pricing

wlepse

The wife really wants to get a 2011 Edge in the Bordeaux color which we have been told is not available in 2012. The one dealer has two on the lot but it seems to me like the price is higher than I would have expected since the 2012's will be here soon. Basically they are both SEL AWD's with the 202A package, chrome wheels and vista roof. One has the BLISS, the other has Nav, the prices I was quoted were ~36250 and 36962 before incentives and trade. We are also being told there is 1000 cash back and an additional 1000 if we finance through Ford. But I saw others here mentioning 3250 in rebates on 2011 and 1000 on 2012. Just not sure what I should believe because Ford's site says 1250 on AWD, 2000 on FWD and Edmunds says 1k only. Is this a good deal? Just not sure I want to settle and still not get what seems like a great deal, especially when I think the trade is low.

The wife really wants to get a 2011 Edge in the Bordeaux color which we have been told is not available in 2012. The one dealer has two on the lot but it seems to me like the price is higher than I would have expected since the 2012's will be here soon. Basically they are both SEL AWD's with the 202A package, chrome wheels and vista roof. One has the BLISS, the other has Nav, the prices I was quoted were ~36250 and 36962 before incentives and trade. We are also being told there is 1000 cash back and an additional 1000 if we finance through Ford. But I saw others here mentioning 3250 in rebates on 2011 and 1000 on 2012. Just not sure what I should believe because Ford's site says 1250 on AWD, 2000 on FWD and Edmunds says 1k only. Is this a good deal? Just not sure I want to settle and still not get what seems like a great deal, especially when I think the trade is low.

I show X plan to be 36,944 for a 2011 SEL AWD 202A, 20" chrome wheels, Vista roof and Nav. That puts dealer invoice right about $36,815 give or take. $36,962 is a relatively good deal if the documentation fee is not too high and you get all available rebates on top of that price. Only the dealer can tell you which incentives you qualify for using VINCENT. It's based on your information and the specific vehicle.

As for the 2011s being cheaper because the 2012s are coming - that only comes into play if the dealer has a lot of leftover 2011s that aren't selling well and I doubt that's the case, especially with Bordeaux Red.

All you can really do to compare is to call around to different dealers and get their best price. Be sure to include the doc fee - that can be several hundred bucks in additional dealer profit.

• Like 1

I think they quoted 175 for the doc fee. As for the price I would guess the invoice is a bit lower than you mentioned since the wheels are 18" chromes from LTD not the 20's. But that is probably only a few hundred bucks. OK so based on that the sell price seems fair, just have to decide whether or not what they are offering on the trade is good enough. They are a bit lower than other offers. Thanks for the help.

I think they quoted 175 for the doc fee. As for the price I would guess the invoice is a bit lower than you mentioned since the wheels are 18" chromes from LTD not the 20's. But that is probably only a few hundred bucks. OK so based on that the sell price seems fair, just have to decide whether or not what they are offering on the trade is good enough. They are a bit lower than other offers. Thanks for the help.

I think the 18s were about $200 cheaper. That's still a good price.

Might be a good price but with an offer on the trade of over 1k less and it not being the build she wanted I think we may pass. I saw someone here posted they got 1000 rebate on a 12, so ultimately we are only getting 1k more off but are adding AWD and the wheels which are ~3k more. So while she would like the color I think we will be getting a replacement for me unless that falls through.

OK well this car is back on the list as teh wife really likes the color and is concerned she won't like the new colors for 2012 since I can't find an order guide yet. So questions on a 2011....it seems a lot of people have issues with the MFT especially with nav. What things should I test out before buying to see if this MFT is buggy? Also how do I confirm Job #? I read it should be on the sticker but it isn't listed and dealer showed me something saying it was Job #2, just not sure I should trust it. Also, how do I know for sure what incentives are present? Can I request a VINCENT report? It seems no sites, Ford's included, agree with what they are telling me and I want to make sure they aren't trying to keep some of that money for themselves.

Any tips on how to check out the MFT? Should we shy away from the nav? Seems like people think it is linked to some of the bugs and many complain about the maps not being up to date.

Nav does seem to cause more problems and the maps don't seem to be as good as previous nav systems. If you don't mind using a hand held nav or your phone or you just don't use it very often then leaving it off would be an option.

I show X plan to be 36,944 for a 2011 SEL AWD 202A, 20" chrome wheels, Vista roof and Nav. That puts dealer invoice right about $36,815 give or take. $36,962 is a relatively good deal if the documentation fee is not too high and you get all available rebates on top of that price.

akirby....can you tell me where you are getting the invoice numbers? If I go to Edmunds and start with a 2011 SEL AWD, add vista roof, rapid spec 202A (with discount), add chrome 18" wheels, AW mats, nav and destination it says invoice is 36062. They indicate the true market value to be 36405, thats why I didn't see this a particularly good price. I even checked KBB and they say invoice is the same but up the fair market price to 37674. What am I missing?

akirby....can you tell me where you are getting the invoice numbers? If I go to Edmunds and start with a 2011 SEL AWD, add vista roof, rapid spec 202A (with discount), add chrome 18" wheels, AW mats, nav and destination it says invoice is 36062. They indicate the true market value to be 36405, thats why I didn't see this a particularly good price. I even checked KBB and they say invoice is the same but up the fair market price to 37674. What am I missing?

Edmunds and KBB invoice numbers do not include FDAF (advertising) which is a legitimate factory charge. It's typically around $500 or so.

I have the actual X plan prices from the Fordpartner website and I used the formula to calculate the true dealer invoice.

X plan = true dealer invoice minus 0.4% (that's 4/10 of one percent, not 4 percent) plus $275.

$36,062 minus 0.4% plus $275 = $36192. Add $600 for advertising and you're close to $36800.

As for market value - don't bother. Rebates and trade in allowances vary so much that's not a good statistic. If you forget about dealer holdback (they have to make some profit) then your lowest price would be true dealer invoice minus rebates. If they're selling well you might have to pay $500 over invoice or higher. Just depends on local market conditions.

Well drove the car at lunch and played with the MFT and it seems really nice. Looks like we are going to go for it. Salesman took my credit info but it looks like they won't be able to get it entered until tomorrow. So pick up will be Tuesday. So on to more questions....got a quote on the Ford ESP plans and am wondering if they cover the MFT. I would think the Premium Care does since it says it covers nav but not sure if they consider it an add on or an integral part of the MFT. Saw one thread here where someone was very pleased with the plan since it covered their Vista roof repair...but what is the general consensus? Web searches reveal a lot of negatives but often people only post when they are not happy with the plan and often don't tell the whole story. Also can anyone confirm if you need to purchase these within a certain time frame of purchasing or so long as the factory warranty is valid you can add it?