SD Navigation Update?

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have to buy the updates?

We just picked up a 2012 MKX, and the salesman put an SD card.

I just checked and the sticker on it says 2011.

So, I put the SD card in my computer and looked at the files. The data is from Dec 16, 2010.

I might have to call my salesman. His knowledge on product wasn't that great.

Though when I was searching for update in Sync, it didn't say I needed one.

If they give me a 2012 card I can give the file to you.

All you have to do is send me an SD card that is big enough (this one I have is 16GB card and almost full) and I transfer file to the SD, and send it back to you.

I'm in Toronto though.

Edited by ELation

I just checked and the sticker on it says 2011.

So, I put the SD card in my computer and looked at the files. The data is from Dec 16, 2010.

Same thing out here.

I'm in Montreal, Canada and I took possession of my brand new 2011 Edge Limited on August 31st.

The plastic box containing the nav card says : "Map Version A1" and I read the SD card on my PC and the data file is also dated from "Dec 16th 2010" but on the text file the map are listed as from June 2nd 2010 and not counting that there are not from 2010, but at the most from 2007 in my area.

The text file says : " Countries=US,CA - Map=20100602 - Nuance=20100602 - Gracenote=20100318"

Hope Ford will update the data soon because for example, the area where I live is 4 to 7 years old and only the older part (6-7 years) are on the Ford nav system.

On my TomTom, I went thru 4 free full map update during the same period and a few hundreds of "community update" ...

P.S. : For info, the whole card contains 14,1 Gb of data

Edited by slypx

Same thing out here.

I'm in Montreal, Canada and I took possession of my brand new 2011 Edge Limited on August 31st.

The plastic box containing the nav card says : "Map Version A1" and I read the SD card on my PC and the data file is also dated from "Dec 16th 2010" but on the text file the map are listed as from June 2nd 2010 and not counting that there are not from 2010, but at the most from 2007 in my area.

The text file says : " Countries=US,CA - Map=20100602 - Nuance=20100602 - Gracenote=20100318"

Hope Ford will update the data soon because for example, the area where I live is 4 to 7 years old and only the older part (6-7 years) are on the Ford nav system.

On my TomTom, I went thru 4 free full map update during the same period and a few hundreds of "community update" ...

P.S. : For info, the whole card contains 14,1 Gb of data

Those sound like the current SD stock SD cards that were avaliable with last year's model. Thanks for the info guys!

• 1 month later...