MyFord touch screen cracked. Ford will not honor the warranty.

Haven't heard of other screens cracking but I can't say I blame them for not covering it. Most warranties wouldn't cover that. But you might want to check with your insurance. I know mine covers things like that under comprehensive.

Thanks for the reply, wlepse. But I have found others with the same problem. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327410

Wow..not good to see so many issues. Wonder if it has something to do with the fact they actually tell you to push the screen not just tap like any other touch device known to man. Did you also happen to PM that one member that must work for Ford? Might be worth a shot to give her the details and see what she can do for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Edge that I purchased in April of this year. Th buttons on the MyTouch were always clunky and slow to respond but then the center buttons stopped responding all together. When I took to the Dealer they said that they would need to reprogram. That didn't work so they removed the screen and found that it was damaged. They said abused and that Ford would not cover replacement. All I ever did was try to push the buttons to answer phone, select radio station etc. I have an iphone and ipad so I know how a touch screen should work. The screen that Ford is using in the MyFord Touch system is very fragile and easy to damage. I'm going to pay $650 for a new screen because I have no choice, there are many things that can't be done without the screen.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone ever got resolution on this issue with escalating the problem through service managers or regional reps? Have any ideas on WHO the right person is to contact?

I have a 2012 Ltd Edge in pristine condition with only 11,000 miles, that a small edge crack has been found on, and the touch screen is not operating. This is not in the outter screen (not that I can tell optically or anyone else that looks at it), and appears to be under the screen... and Ford is saying it's not a warranty issue as well - even going so far as to say the WHOLE system (estimated at 4K!) would need to replaced.

I'm livid. Does anyone have suggestions or had a resolution to this issue? I went over the Explorer forum and sent a private message to the Ford Rep on there, but have not gotten a response.

THanks in advance for any suggestions!

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone ever got resolution on this issue with escalating the problem through service managers or regional reps? Have any ideas on WHO the right person is to contact?

I have a 2012 Ltd Edge in pristine condition with only 11,000 miles, that a small edge crack has been found on, and the touch screen is not operating. This is not in the outter screen (not that I can tell optically or anyone else that looks at it), and appears to be under the screen... and Ford is saying it's not a warranty issue as well - even going so far as to say the WHOLE system (estimated at 4K!) would need to replaced.

I'm livid. Does anyone have suggestions or had a resolution to this issue? I went over the Explorer forum and sent a private message to the Ford Rep on there, but have not gotten a response.

THanks in advance for any suggestions!

My experience has been the same as yours, shochoa. Did you ever get any resolution or did you end up having to pay out of pocket? I bought my 2013 Edge Certified Pre-Owned, with the extended 1yr/12k mi coverage, and Ford refused to warranty or goodwill. I even posted on Ford's social media (Facebook, Twitter) and was contacted by a regional warranty rep, only to have him give me the same line, that the warranty will only cover manufacturing defects and that a screen being cracked is not one of them.