Passenger Door lock

Malkavian

I've had my Edge for about 3 weeks now. Love it. I have had only one problem and it doesn't always happen, but it is getting annoying when it does.

Car doors are locked, engine is running, I'm sitting in the drivers seat, car in park. My passenger comes up and I click the unlock button, the doors unlock and the lock stems pop up. The passenger side door will not open. I lock and unlock the doors and the door will still not open.

I have also had this happen when walking up to non-running car. I pushed the key fob twice to unlock the driver and passenger side doors unlock, but the passenger side door clicks back to locked and the stem drops down, drivers side door is unlocked. I pushed the key fob twice again, the stem jumps up then jumps back down.

In both instances we have had to open the passenger side door from inside the car.

Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks.

Michael

I've had my Edge for about 3 weeks now. Love it. I have had only one problem and it doesn't always happen, but it is getting annoying when it does.

Car doors are locked, engine is running, I'm sitting in the drivers seat, car in park. My passenger comes up and I click the unlock button, the doors unlock and the lock stems pop up. The passenger side door will not open. I lock and unlock the doors and the door will still not open.

I have also had this happen when walking up to non-running car. I pushed the key fob twice to unlock the driver and passenger side doors unlock, but the passenger side door clicks back to locked and the stem drops down, drivers side door is unlocked. I pushed the key fob twice again, the stem jumps up then jumps back down.

In both instances we have had to open the passenger side door from inside the car.

Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks.

Michael

Sounds familiar - try a search. Either way you'll need to take it back to the dealer for repair.

• 9 months later...