Edge sport 2016 problems

Harvey Hanson

So, I've had my 2016 edge sport for 24hours, and already found a number of problems:

- Passenger side air noise (sounds like a seal is not properly seated so letting air in on freeway)

- A number of panels need better aligning

- And worse of all, set off today and car made a massive scraping noise from rear end, we both thought the exhaust must have fallen off. Turned car off, back on again and same. Turned handbrake off and back on and same again. So figured we would have to get to the nearest ford dealer and so we got above about 5mph and he noise went away and hasn't come back, assume it was the handbrake sticking but very worrying, it's going to go to the ford garage on Monday to check it out

Ours has wind noise on the passenger side up near the top aft side. Seals look OK.

I thought the panels on ours were outstanding.

We also have the adhesive left behind from the protective cover being removed from the screen.

Not huge problems, but wish they had not happened.

Occasionally I get a rock caught between the rotor and dust shield on my pickup, and when backing up it will make a horrible racket. Usually a few forward and reverse cycles will dislodge it. HTH

Have not noticed any of those issues but I do notice something odd with remote start. After I get in the car after a remote start and press the Start button, there is a pretty significant snap/electrical arc noise. I'm sure there's a lot of juice running through the car on a very cold day but that seemed a little odd to me. Has anyone else noticed this?

Have not noticed any of those issues but I do notice something odd with remote start. After I get in the car after a remote start and press the Start button, there is a pretty significant snap/electrical arc noise. I'm sure there's a lot of juice running through the car on a very cold day but that seemed a little odd to me. Has anyone else noticed this?

This is due to the lock engaging on the adaptive steering system. It is normal. There is more info in the owners manual:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O31263&languageCode=EN&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1676160&subTitleSelected=G1818245&topicHRef=G1818220&div=f

Thanks. But wouldn't this happen every time you start the vehicle. The snap/arc noise is very noticeable only when pushing the start button after a remote start. Guess I'll have to take it in. I'm having an issue where my rear hatch immediately close after it opens anyway, no matter how I open it.

Edited by jwm22222

Thanks. But wouldn't this happen every time you start the vehicle. The snap/arc noise is very noticeable only when pushing the start button after a remote start. Guess I'll have to take it in. I'm having an issue where my rear hatch immediately close after it opens anyway, no matter how I open it.

Yes it does happen on every start for me however the lock engaging is much more noticeable with remote start since the engine is already running when the lock engages. With regular start the engine cranking, HVAC coming on, radio turning on, etc... makes the lock engaging less noticeable.

If you can get the liftgate to stay open (pushing the button should stop it from going down further), I suggest going through the height adjustment procedure since it may correct the issue you're experiencing.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O31263&languageCode=EN&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1675921&subTitleSelected=G1721975&topicHRef=G1607804&div=f

Yes it does happen on every start for me however the lock engaging is much more noticeable with remote start since the engine is already running when the lock engages. With regular start the engine cranking, HVAC coming on, radio turning on, etc... makes the lock engaging less noticeable.

If you can get the liftgate to stay open (pushing the button should stop it from going down further), I suggest going through the height adjustment procedure since it may correct the issue you're experiencing.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O31263&languageCode=EN&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1675921&subTitleSelected=G1721975&topicHRef=G1607804&div=f

Yes, I do notice it on regular startup also. I'll try the lift gate tip. Thanks for the tips.

I am noticing it now on regular startup but not as pronounced like you said. I'll try adjusting lift gate. Thanks for the tips.