Emergency Flashers - What am I missing??

chefduane

What am I not understanding about my '11 Limited emergency flashers? There is the small red diamond button indicator in the middle of the center stack just below the MFT screen. Isn't that what turns the flashers on?? Everything I have seen says it is. I touch it, nothing happens. It does not depress, just sits there like touch button. And I cannot find any other switch or button to turn on the flashers. I have tried it when the car is in various conditions - parked engine on, parked engine off, stopped in drive, etc. No emergency flashers. Perhaps it is a relay or fuse gone bad? I just want to know how to turn the dang flashers on!!!

Thanks for any feedback.

Yes it is a touch button, and it is the only way to turn on the flashers. Touch it & hold for a second & it should emit a tone like all other touch buttons (HVAC & Radio), if it does not then you might need a replacement panel. The 2013-2014 models have a physical button in the same place & have heard from some who were able to install a 2013-2014 panel on a 2011-2012 model.

You can also try cleaning the button as it is a capacitive button, also maybe try cleaning it from behind.

Edited by omar302

Omar, thanks for the response. I have touched, pressed, held, etc.. the thing and still nothing happens. I'll check fuse 29 in the morning. But it looks as though fuse 29 also controls radio, multi-function display screen, finish panel and Sync module. If the fuse were the problem I would think I would have issues with those items also. But the emergency flashers are the only issue. And I really don't want to start tearing the center stack apart to get at the rear of the button. I may just decide to live with non-functional emergency flashers.