Brake upgrade

Judging by my own experience with the Edge so far ( and others here ), I thought I may as well start planning for brakes. I would like an upgrade of some sort, but the Steeda is out of the question. I have no doubt that it works, but is just too much cash for me.

1. I want flexible braided stainless lines for the front. No matter the vehicle, I have heard really good things about doing this. I just have to find them ...

2. EBC Red Stuff pads. I am going completely by memory, bu I think that this is the right pads for our application ( if they make it, haven't looked into that yet )

3. Don't know what to do about rotors. Crossdrilled look pretty I don't think they are right for the street. Slotted are better for street than cross, but I am still not sure about those. I had ATE rotors on my VW ( mostly highway driven and wasn't that impressed ) Hard on the pads I had and got rather noisy as they wore down. So its a different brand of slotted or plain rotors again.

Can anyone provide some insight ( personal experiences / opinions welcomed )? Where and how much I can get this stuff for in Canada would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

Judging by my own experience with the Edge so far ( and others here ), I thought I may as well start planning for brakes. I would like an upgrade of some sort, but the Steeda is out of the question. I have no doubt that it works, but is just too much cash for me.

1. I want flexible braided stainless lines for the front. No matter the vehicle, I have heard really good things about doing this. I just have to find them ...

2. EBC Red Stuff pads. I am going completely by memory, bu I think that this is the right pads for our application ( if they make it, haven't looked into that yet )

3. Don't know what to do about rotors. Crossdrilled look pretty I don't think they are right for the street. Slotted are better for street than cross, but I am still not sure about those. I had ATE rotors on my VW ( mostly highway driven and wasn't that impressed ) Hard on the pads I had and got rather noisy as they wore down. So its a different brand of slotted or plain rotors again.

Can anyone provide some insight ( personal experiences / opinions welcomed )? Where and how much I can get this stuff for in Canada would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

sent you an PM

• 9 months later...

Bendix CT brake pads are a good choice for this application. Be sure to flush with new brake fluid when changing pads.

I am down on cross drilled or slotted rotors. You lose mass (needed to pull heat energy out of the system), and I have never seen any data to support claims such rotors improve performance.

07-10 use all the same brake lines, earls and others have edge specific lines. Or you can have them made as i did at a local speed or hydraulic shop.

Cross drilled rotors hold a lot of stress from manufacturing, so if you go this route, make you buy a good brand and not some ebay crap. itll save you cracked rotors and ruined pads a few months after installing them. Usually with the SS lines, and better pads, you wont need the cooling that slots and cross drills provide. I regularly track an MR2 Turbo and that beats the piss out of the brakes and pads and i run solid OEM rotors and they perform great.