New MFT gremlin??

So this morning I had my first glitch in the MFT. Everything was working great until I got a call, after teh call ended there remained a blank dialog box on the screen. No matter what screen you went to it was still there, but only the navigation screen was grayed out. I tried shutting the car off, opening/closing the door and restarting but nothing. I did find a way to get it to go away, I picked a new destination in the GPS and it was normal again. Any ideas what this was? I am still at 2.7 but haven't wanted to go to the dealer until I had an actual issue since it seems like some updates fix certain this but mess with others. I'll try to post up a pic later, my work machine won't let me use BT.

So this morning I had my first glitch in the MFT. Everything was working great until I got a call, after teh call ended there remained a blank dialog box on the screen. No matter what screen you went to it was still there, but only the navigation screen was grayed out. I tried shutting the car off, opening/closing the door and restarting but nothing. I did find a way to get it to go away, I picked a new destination in the GPS and it was normal again. Any ideas what this was? I am still at 2.7 but haven't wanted to go to the dealer until I had an actual issue since it seems like some updates fix certain this but mess with others. I'll try to post up a pic later, my work machine won't let me use BT.

Don't worry about it, just get v2.11 installed. There were numerous bugs fixed and the overall reliability improved.

Until then, just pull fuse 29 if you need to reset the MFT system (no different than rebooting a PC).

Sometimes I get blank screens and sections. Using the voice control to activate that particular "module" seems to kickstart it somehow and it starts working again.

Thanks I'll have to try that.

I'm still getting black outs after the 2:11 update but just haven't had time to get it back to the dealer

Its the Navigation that stops working but after the vehicle sits for an hour it corrects itself..........weird stuff this MFT

:banghead:

Until then, just pull fuse 29 if you need to reset the MFT system (no different than rebooting a PC).

Has anyone that has to do these frequent reboots thought about installing a switch? I would think you could use one of those fuse taps to install a switch and maybe mount it in that little cubby in the console. Might make it easier for on the go reboots without having to shut the car down get out and pull the fuse. Or is there something else on #29 you can't pull while motoring?

Has anyone that has to do these frequent reboots thought about installing a switch? I would think you could use one of those fuse taps to install a switch and maybe mount it in that little cubby in the console. Might make it easier for on the go reboots without having to shut the car down get out and pull the fuse. Or is there something else on #29 you can't pull while motoring?

That's exactly what I did. I mounted it behind the glove box door but it could go anywhere and it works great.

I like to call it "The Switch That Ford Forgot"! biggrin.gif