Cargo Management

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you can add it later, it seems like they have maybe glued in some foam around the spare and would have to be removed before the storage trays could be added. That's one of those little things that should have been a no-brainer for this vehicle. A little $10-$20 item max for added a little extra storage capacity (I know MSRP $65/Inv $50 something, but bulk cost is a lot less). Could have been one of those little standard items that would have put it over the top.

I don't see why not, however I bet the parts counter would be more the the $60 option for vehicle. IMO it really should just be a standard feature. I know I've told my dealers to order every unit with that option.

That's a good idea since it's a really affordable option.

Don't know if you can add it later, it seems like they have maybe glued in some foam around the spare and would have to be removed before the storage trays could be added. That's one of those little things that should have been a no-brainer for this vehicle. A little $10-$20 item max for added a little extra storage capacity (I know MSRP $65/Inv $50 something, but bulk cost is a lot less). Could have been one of those little standard items that would have put it over the top.

I agree that this should be a standard feature on all Edge models - it kinda goes along with the territory of it being Crossover.

Hi there!

I have been pouring through these message boards, but have yet to post. I really appreciate all of the infomation I have found here! I had a 2001 Escape that was totaled 2 weeks ago. I wasn't going to get a new car until my husband's F250 was paid off, but stuff happens. My #1 choice at the moment is the Edge SEL+ with the 18's, navi and vista roof.

I'll have to double-check with my husband (he's a ford dealer parts manager), but I could swear that he said that to add the cargo management system later it was around 200 bucks :wacko:

The rear cargo management system was the only option that didnt come from the long list we asked for our dealer to look around for. We were quoted the MSRP for the aftermarket purchase and installation of $315 (inc. the tire cover), way too much for a piece of plastic, so we are sticking with the foam insert that comes standard. I dont know if this price will drop or others will make a similar generic product, but for now we will live and keep the 300!

The rear cargo management system was the only option that didnt come from the long list we asked for our dealer to look around for. We were quoted the MSRP for the aftermarket purchase and installation of $315 (inc. the tire cover), way too much for a piece of plastic, so we are sticking with the foam insert that comes standard. I dont know if this price will drop or others will make a similar generic product, but for now we will live and keep the 300!

I have an MKX on order (should arrive on the 19th) and the cargo management system which I ordered was a $65.00 option.

I have an MKX on order (should arrive on the 19th) and the cargo management system which I ordered was a $65.00 option.

We didnt order, i didnt want to wait that long as my current car was literally falling apart, it almost did by the time we got it to the dealer to trade in, but after jumping it again - it made it there. So we were looking through inventories of various car dealers and like i said and that was the only feature we didnt get from our list.

The MSRP on it on order or factory fitted before delivery is 65, its somewhere in the mid-upper 50's invoice (58 maybe springs to mind), but it was quoted as $300 after market through Ford if you didnt get it as part of the original package.

Roofbars are similarly 81/95 from the factory and 200+/- aftermarket, the list goes on.

Could someone post a pic of this. I've seen it and I wouldn't pay any amount for it. What can you put there, maybe a wallet and some pens?

Here you go....hope it helps. This came on our MKX, I didn't even know what the option was till I looked at one without it. It sure comes in handy for keeping small items.

post-486-1174351234_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Here you go....hope it helps. This came on our MKX, I didn't even know what the option was till I looked at one without it. It sure comes in handy for keeping small items.

It looks exactly the same on the Edge. I paid $300 installed. I have every option on my Edge SEL+ except the DVD as I have the Panoramic Vista roof. The Rear Cargo Management System looks great but is it worth the money? The verdict is still out.

It looks exactly the same on the Edge. I paid $300 installed. I have every option on my Edge SEL+ except the DVD as I have the Panoramic Vista roof. The Rear Cargo Management System looks great but is it worth the money? The verdict is still out.

Thank you to everyone for the input (and especially the picture). I am picking up my MKX at the end of this month and wasn't quite sure what that cargo management option was all about. It appears to definitely be worth the $65.

As far as not having the DVD because of the Vista roof, you should definitely consider the headrests - they are available as a dealer installed option or you could pick them up and do it yourself. I got the Audiovox set for my last car (Volkswagen Touareg) from headrestvideo.com for a lot less than VW wanted. I found them through a VW forum where they had a special deal for club members - maybe if we can generate enough interest, we can strike our own deal?

Thank you to everyone for the input (and especially the picture). I am picking up my MKX at the end of this month and wasn't quite sure what that cargo management option was all about. It appears to definitely be worth the $65.

But probably not worth $300 after factory installation!

As far as not having the DVD because of the Vista roof, you should definitely consider the headrests - they are available as a dealer installed option or you could pick them up and do it yourself. I got the Audiovox set for my last car (Volkswagen Touareg) from headrestvideo.com for a lot less than VW wanted. I found them through a VW forum where they had a special deal for club members - maybe if we can generate enough interest, we can strike our own deal?

That also is quite an expensive after market option. From what i recall it was near the $2k mark. Of course bulk buying and such might bring that down as you suggest.

But probably not worth $300 after factory installation!

That also is quite an expensive after market option. From what i recall it was near the $2k mark. Of course bulk buying and such might bring that down as you suggest.

They are $1285 on their website which is a lot more reasonable than the $2400 I was quoted by the dealer. But as part of that VW group, I paid $50 less. I will contact them and see what they say.

They are $1285 on their website which is a lot more reasonable than the $2400 I was quoted by the dealer. But as part of that VW group, I paid $50 less. I will contact them and see what they say.

Good news. I received a friendly email back from one of the headrest video folks and they did agree to extend us a special forum discount ($85 off their regular price). Here's the link http://www.headrestvideo.com/vsheadrests/f...eforumdisc.html - once I get my MKX (only 3 weeks to go) I am going to do it. I will be sure to take pix and let you know how it turns out.