One Month Into My 2012 Edge Limited

Shockwavesix

Greetings all,

I'm about a month into my Edge, and for the most part, so far so good. I'm only averaging about 21.5 mpg (this is an Ecoboost) which is disappointing, but my commute to work is hilly, and its alot better than the 13mpg my F-150 was getting. I do have a couple of issues that I'm hoping to get some feedback from fellow owners.

- For the power liftgate, I am finding that when I use the clicker or the button inside the back to automatically close it, often it will close and then immediately chime and pop back open again. As though its sensing an obstruction or something. On average it takes 2-3 attempts to get it to close and stay that way. Anyone else having this problem, or know of a way to fix it?

- On the MyFord Touch, it will often times pop up a window that says "for your safety this feature has been disabled while you're driving, etc, etc." When I am in the car alone that's fine, I should be screwing with that stuff anyway. But when my girlfriend is in the passenger seat, she's the one doing the navigating, or DJ'ing, or whatever. And it gets very annoying when the system prevents her from doing so. And it lets her say things like "I told you that you should have gotten the CR-V. " If the car is intelligent enough to enable or disable the passenger airbag depending on if someone is sitting in that seat, it seems to me that it should be able to modify access to the touch screen as well. Is there a way to configure this behavior?

- What's the word on the upgrade to the MyFordTouch system? At the beginning of March the dealership guys told me that they had the Upgrade in-hand for the cars still on the lot, and that I should be getting a Flash Drive in the mail from Ford "soon." Its been a month now, and I'm still waiting.

there is a thread on the power lift gate, so search and you'll find your answer on that, has to do with a firmware update to adjust the sensitivity of closing.

for things you can't push on the screen that are locked out you should be able to control via voice, but as far as i'm aware there isn't much that locks you out.

and for the update. i've had my car for about a month and a half now and i received my update in the mail 3 weeks ago. have you registered on syncmyride.com?