Overhead Console

Hi there,

I need some help in finding out how to get the overhead console's sunglasses storage door completely out and replaced. Yesterday, while waiting for my daughter, I was sitting in my Wife's 2008 Edge Limited and noticed that the sunglasses storage door appeared to be closed but the left side of the door wasn't quite flush with the console's trim. I to gently twist the door to get it to line up withe the trim piece and inadvertently broke the door's left plastic hinge. :censored:

Needless to say my Wife is none too impressed with me and, of course She's a regular wearer of sunglasses!I need to find out how to get either the door completely out and then replace with a new one, or, take out the overhead console and go from there. If I need to just replace the console, so be it!

For those Female readers, I understand the error of my ways and will leave well enough alone in the future and will humbly take any advice that comes my way. For those male readers, please take pity upon my situation and offer up some ideas as to how I can get this unit out and replaced! I am mechanically inclined and have lots of shop space to get this done.

Thanks for the time and thanks for reading my post.

Regards,

bfuller

• Like 1