Factory remote start stopped working

Had this installed a few months back and it has always worked great but it seems since our last service visit it no longer works. Since I never received any directions on how it is supposed to work or how to troubleshoot I am hoping someone has the manual. This is the bidirectional unit for the 2011. Before pressing the start button on the key fob twice would send the signal then a few seconds later the key fob would confirm the start with I think two beeps and occasional flash of green around the button. Now we get three beeps and a green flash. When I went out by the car I noticed the hazards flash and the horn honks but nothing happens. Any idea what is going on or what the dealer could have messed up? I did check the settings under remote start and even tried disabling then enabling the remote start but still does the same thing.

Just brain-farting here, but as the remote start is tied in with the alarm system (and won't work if it has been triggered somehow) you may want to check the hood/tailgate closure to ensure it's not sending a fault to the alarm system. Also, any more that two remote starts attempted within a one hour period will also disable the system until a further one hour period from the last attempt has passed (according to the manual).

Thanks for tht ips but just figured it out. For some reason they took my hood switch out. Have no idea why they would have done this. I could see disconnecting it but this is flat out removed. I guess I'll be going back to the dealer this week, just hope it doesn't turn into a pissing match. Funny thing is this last service visit was starting to restore some faith in my dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess I was kind of expecting this. I took the car in on the 16th, they confirmed the switch appeared to be missing and said they needed to schedule the installer to come in and troubleshoot the system. Well fast forward to today, they have my Edge and still haven't done any troubleshooting. So first question I have is; does anyone have teh manual for the bidirectional remote start? I have installation info but it doesn't give you any diagnostics for what horn honking/flashing hazards means. Dealer is trying to tell me Ford circumvents their own safety devices from teh factory which I know is total BS. Just figured if I had this I could prove to them that the hood switch is the issue. Sad that they have had the car all day and have done nothing to diagnose the issue. Second request...does anyone have a copy of WSM Section 303-01? My remote start functioned fine up until the last service visit when they performed several TSB's one of which was 11-11-15. This requires them to remove the cam cover to access the cams and I beleive it is for the front bank. Since teh engine sits so low I suspect they had to remove the grill (Where switch mounts) to get easier access. Would just like to have something else to show them. I realize it is only a $20 part but just really pisses me off...its the principle not the cost.