Can I Tow a 2011 without a key

pwshadow

So for the purpose of this discussion, let me just say I lost my only key to my 2011 Edge and there is no chance of getting it back. My Edge is locked sitting in my driveway. Now I know I have to tow the car to the dealership and have it reprogrammed and buy two new, very expensive, keys. I must first get the car there. Is it possible to get the car in neutral without a key so I can tow it there myself? or am I going to have to call a flatbed towing company?

So for the purpose of this discussion, let me just say I lost my only key to my 2011 Edge and there is no chance of getting it back. My Edge is locked sitting in my driveway. Now I know I have to tow the car to the dealership and have it reprogrammed and buy two new, very expensive, keys. I must first get the car there. Is it possible to get the car in neutral without a key so I can tow it there myself? or am I going to have to call a flatbed towing company?

You can get a locksmith to open the door and you should be able to get it into neutral without the key (procedure is in the OM). Worst case they'd have to drag it rear first onto a flatbed.

You should check with the dealer - they may be able to cut and/or program a new key from the VIN (with proper safety precautions).

Talked to the dealership. Looks like i can get the keys cut using the vin so I can unlock the car and put it in neutral. Now my question is does this thing have tow hooks on the front for me to tow it in myself?

I doubt it - those are only on the European based models like the new Escape.